Info on 6BN

Discussion in 'REME' started by celldweller, Oct 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Just got my posting order and im off to 14 FD WKSP, any info on whats on, what to expect would fantastic.

P.s, ive never done a Bn before, am i in for a shock :?
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

As to your first question, no idea. For your second...............

Be afraid, be very afraid.
  3. Are they still at Tidworth?
  4. Yes 6 Bn is still in tidworth. Currently restructuring after recently returning from Ops in Iraq. 14 coy is General support. enjoy!
  5. Been there, a few years ago, i had some good time and alot more bad ones, remember its what you make it. Me i'd rater cut off my foot than go back.
    Mind you i was in CS coy, maybe GS is different.
  6. Wont the GS have more orificers in?

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear........
  7. What trade are you?
  8. Armourer :(

Not to sound too much of a mong, whats the basic "set up" of a reme Bn and as for my trade how busy do things get :?
  9. As for the set up too many chiefs and not enough indians, a GS Coy (14) , CS Coy (9) and HQ Coy (BHQ & stores troop) Got quite a high sign off percentage at the mo so read into that as you may.
    You'll be in A+G plt with the techs and metalbenders (give them a call) Not much to do on the weapon front as the Bn only holds small arms, however we are due to start a CVR(T) lean line at the end of this month so depending when you are posted in you may be involved with on of the tacts.
    The Bn is on Ops at the moment and is due to return November time, after they have had POTL the Bn will then reform into GS & CS Coys (this is changing to two CS Coys and a field coy next year sometime)
    Word on the street is that they will be deploying on a med man next and winter repair next year in prep for ops in 2009, on the plus side there is a new Tescos opening xmas time and if you are a single junior rank the new accomodation is being built as we speak.
    Enjoy! my escape plan has been approved by MCM DIV so I'm posted in Feb thank f**k.
  10. AAAArrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please accept my sincere condolences. If a certain aged grey haired motorcycling orifice is still there treat him like you'd treat a snake that's been poked with a stick. Never forget your back reinforced CBA for the long knife he carries, for he is the true meaning of Machiavellian

The lads were fine, they'd just had enough.
    The hierarchy had rotted and festered and become all things wrong with the life in green
  11. Yep he's still there.
  12. Dammit! Contract killers these days! You pay them and they just fcuk off with the money and don't do the job.

Check your pm blazing mate
  13. He was posted out 2 months ago.
  14. Cue munchkins dancing round singing "ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead, the witch is dead. Ding dong the wicked witch is dead!"
    Pass the ruby slippers to the incoming.

Posted or "moved on"?
  15. People say a posting is what you make of it, but try as much as i could it didnt seem to work. i cant really remember that many good times with 6Bn, but as for being sh1t on and fcuked over on a constant basis well i could regale you with tales of them for hours and hours. I was glad to go when i did as from what i was told it got worse and worse the following year after if that could be believed. May have changed now depending on the hierarchy, but usually when have so many ejits working together and vying for the brownie points for next CR then seniors and juniors tend to suffer the 'on the bus, off the bus' aftermath that results from usually bone ideas coming from said ejits. Same old story really we are usually great in minor wksps and LAD's due to fact not so many ejits trying to get their 2 pence worth in for CR, but with the over abundance of them in BN then as Blazing Spanners says too many Chiefs not enough Indians. Some of the problems cant be helped due to over stretch but not helped by being fcuked around a lot.