Info On 2RTR

Discussion in 'RAC' started by bigphil, Oct 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi guys,

I'm hopefully joining the army soon as officer, after i hopefully graduate RMAS I'm defiantly looking at RAC and especially the 2RTR, so basically want to know about it, whats an officer's role on day to day life? whats the role on exercises? and in the field? any tankies or ex tankies got any info/advice ?
    thanks in advance

Phil

2. Why be defiant about it, there's no one here telling you no.

3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Perhaps you should get yourself invited down for a look see.

Basically stagger down for first parade.
    Get in everyone’s way until Naafi break
    Disappear with the other Rupert’s until 1600 hrs – where did they go to :?
    Get in way until the end of the day.

4. Make sure you consult your Troop Sgt on spelling and grammar!

Bit of a daft question really as no two days are the same. You need to apply all of the things you learn at Sandhurst to do with Command and adapt them to deal with tank soldiers. Your troop will be fairly efficient when you arrive so do not change anything drastic. Keep your mouth shut for a while and learn from your Troop Sgt who probably has served on operations.

Oh, and if you really are ‘Big Phil’, get it out in the Sqn bar one night, as that is sure to make you one of the lads!!!

5. Better still get it in one of the lads and you will fit right in.

6. Quite right too, men of the RTR are equal opportunity rogerers.

Oh look, a wallopeur...

7. Oh I never picked up on the fact he was the new Band Master!

8. You can't join 2 RTR as an officer!. All officers are badged RTR, which means you will switch between the 2 Regiments during your career.
    In the olden days ( when we had 4 regiments) a new officer would serve with 1 regiment usually up to the rank of captain. This meant that you serve as troop leader and Sqn 2i/c with one regiment, but then you may command a Sqn of another RTR regiment, become 2i/c of another RTR regiment and finally end up commanding yet another RTR regiment.

Either way. your ash plant makes you a MIB (men in black) Welcome to the peoples Cavalry!!

9. But of course some Ash Plants have bigger knobs on...so going back the initial question...WATCH AND LEARN!

10. Very tame from you :)

11. He's already at a disadvantage, much like yourself really... :D