Info on 16 sigs

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by shane_dean, Jan 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being posted there soon, just after info on a few things.

Are the married quarters nice ? Are they bigger than the quarters over here?

Was is the regt like as a whole, exercises etc - Are they frequent?

I am aware they go on tour soon, hoping I can play some part in this. And not bloody rear party :D

I've heard nothing but positive things about Germany/families over there.

Any additional info from those there now / left recently would be grateful. As you can tell, its my first posting to Germany.
  2. The location is brilliant, right on the Dutch border, loads of scope to travel, etc. Just a pity they are closing it in the next few years.
  3. Most of what you said is right but the closing soon bit is not necessarily true.
  4. Really :?

Where are you getting your int from?
  6. Cheers guys, everyday is a school day..............
  7. Ha ha. You're close but it's not right!

You have the right building and I have been at a few meetings recently where this whole chain of events has been raised. There are huge questions about affordability of certain aspects and nothing is yet set in stone. In fact some of it isn't even set in very slowly drying concrete yet.

Hopefully that answer was vague enough not to betray sources, while being informative enough to satisfy your curiosity.

Its sounds really pompous, but I can't think of another way of saying it; trust me I know what I'm talking about on this matter.

8. I wouldn't trust you with anything. Least of all the truth !
  9. Fair enough from anyone else, but from a scouser?
  10. The Guru a scouser...??

You've no idea have you...?
  11. No you're right! I've only known him 21 years. How the fukc would I know?

12. You've known him for 21 years and you still think he's a scouser..??

As I say, you've no idea.

By the way, 'knob'..?? That's quite hurtful actually.
  13. If knob is hurtful you've had a very sheltered life. All the same, ner ner ner ner ner, you started it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handbags down! Yes, I am sure he is from the land of the burnt-out car and 26-year-old grandmother. If not I have been labouring under an amazing delusion for ages.

14. Yes you have.
  15. Have you heard something that we have not? The Defence Minister announced in July last year that HQ 1 Sig Bde will be moving to Staffs with 7 & 16 moving also in 2013. That will mean all 3 Regts (7,16 & 22) will be located on the one site.

Some details here - MOD