Info needed on Ex Winter Warrior...

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Pompeybloke, Nov 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know where I can find infomation on Exercise Winter Warrior?
    I hear that the exercise name had changed but have been unable to confirm this or find the new name if there is one!

2. It's the UK unit based version of Snow Queen (BAOR) Not sure of its new title but it's 2 weeks skiing in Bavaria, a mix of downhill and cross country. The great news is there is a little town called **** which causes uncontrollable bouts of mirth as you say "I'm just popping out to ****!" (The long winter evenings just fly by) There should be info in the Adv Trg Cse DCI held in your trg wing or admin office. It's a good one to get on so go for it is my advice, there are some interesting Bier Kellar's in Munich!

3. I'm afraid that the bid date was back in October. All places have now been allocated.

How do I know? I'm going! (and have the admin instruction)

I suggest you look out for the DCI mid-next year.

4. my God I cant mention a town name called ANK..... with a W in front of it, how odd! More censorship eh?

5. They had a quick trawl through the OTC last year as loads bailed at the last minute and they just wanted anyone to fill the places. Maybe that will happen again. There is always hope.

6. Possibly an option. I suggest looking through the DCI archives for June/July this year for a copy of the Winter Warrior DCI. Contact details can be found on there. You can then pass your details on to HQ ATG for their reserve list.