Infantrymans Prayer

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FrankIG, Jul 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know there's probably as many versions of an Infantry Prayer as there are Infantrymen, and that's not including the ones in a prayer book.

Have to say one of my favourites, and one of the shortest, was usually fallen back on during long tabs when your feet were suffering:

Dear God, My feet hurt, but if you can keep picking them up for me I can manage putting them down again.

Any other favorites out there, as religious or witty as you like, but keep it clean(ish) eh?

Edited to say that Yes I know this should really have been under Infantry thread and I'm really sorry Mr Mod Sir. You can move it if you want. It's not my fault, Mummy dropped me on my head at the age of 2 (and then again at 3, 4,5 ....... maybe she was trying to tell me something!)
  2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

for fcuks sake if its got to be anyone god let it be him and not me :lol:
  3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Dropped, or swung by your feet?

My usual one is Jesu Christ/God, how much fcuking further we going?
  4. Said that one a few times too chris!! Ahh the good old days of the PBI!!
  5. Used in any circumstance the PBI find themselves in, from riot to bombardment, from deliberate attack to barroom brawl. Variations has probably been around ever since Ugg the caveman joined his mates in clearing the other tribe's caves with pointy sticks:

"For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly thankful."
  6. Sir Jacob Astley's at Edgehill 1642, "Oh my lord God, thou know'st how busy I must be this day. If I forget Thee, do not Thou forget me!"