Infantry Wooperts & Spurs...

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by fingers_1661, Nov 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone confirm if Officers in the Queens Regt (1966-92) or PWRR (1992- ) wear spurs in mess kit? I was asked the question recently but cannot remember.....

(I think the answer is YES but i'm equally baffled as to why dismounted infantry would need spurs!)

Apolagies for such a mong question:)

2. Yes - but only Field Officers (i.e. Adjt? + Maj and above). This is because, in days of old, Field Officers rode horses. I think that's pretty standard in Line Inf Regts.

3. Adjt certainly and also the RSO in some (if not all) Inf Regts.

4. Thanks for your answers:)

5. RSO? Not if I remember rightly. Not sure I ever saw the RSO ever jangling along in the bloody stupid things.

6. I believe RMP Officers below the rank of Field Officer are also entitled to wear spurs as they were previously mounted.

7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I'm sure they were.

8. Our WO1's wear spurs, any idea where that came from?

9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Nicked from the RMP's.

Did 22 and never new that there were some WO's be it 1's who wore spurs. Maybe he just likes them and it's a little thing he has going with her indoors? :wink:

10. They do make a nice jingly noise - like the bell my german shorthair wears when working in thick cover. Like loose heel plates in best boots.

11. fingers 1661 how was this brought up in conversation?

Whatever queen’s regs states, I have never seen spurs in mess kit?
    and I have served in both regiments. Whether or not this has changed in the last 10 years , you would have to ask a serving member. But I very much doubt it.

12. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Seen spurs worn with mess kit many times.

13. now make up your mind

14. Had a GSM in Belgium who wore them. He was a dragoon or lancer or what have you. We were most insistent he took them off before Mess Games.

15. boney is Signals and WO1s in Signals wear spurs with mess kit - as do all officers (WO1s wear officer uniforms). Not just Signals - fairly sure RE do too (from whence Sigs were formed after they discovered electricity :D )

Bloody 'orrible things - break your neck coming down stairs if you don't remember to walk like Donald Duck or take them off.