Infantry & Vehicle maintainance :)

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by PE4rocks, Sep 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ex tankie wanders into forum.
    Whistles nonchalently and looks round.

Hey lads, <examines fingernails> seen this?

[​IMG]

Grouping:

1 Royal Angliron recce troop(Tidworth 'bout '77) with 4 attached members of 3RTR recce troop.

Norway,North of Arctic circle on drive North to Bardufoss area.

Tale of Woe:
    Vehicle had been travelling in opposite direction to that pictured when the RHS idler sprocket fell off! (1)
    Vehicle smartly whips through 180 degrees, using, as a pivot point, the 30mm flash hider which was thoughtfully buried into a pine tree( dressing d'you see?) This also, usefully, acts as an emergency gun tampon.
    Unfortunately it also leaves a residual bend in the barrel.
    The crew were quite lucky, an examination of the tree that it is 'leaning' against showed that it was cracked through at the base. Had it broken the the vehicle would have overturned.
    Driver was Steve D'*a*h(white contact gloves)
    Gunner, Tony B*sh 3 RTR(short guy on his left)
    Also visible is K*m W*rr*n 1 RA Recce WO(bald spot)
    Steve? ?? Vehicle comd.

Just thought there may be one or two ex Anglians about who may not have seen this photo.

Good bunch of lads were that Recce Plt, we had an excellent time with them.

I just thought this might be good for a bit of inter-teeth arms banter. :lol:

I'll sod of now shall I?

(1) IIRC nuts not torqued and/or checked properly.(We all, without exception, make mistakes)

2. Infantry & Vehicle Maintenance? An oxymoron if ever I've heard one!

3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Taking this one into account and your last post down the road your boys just went for the spectacular when it came to vehicle wrecking hummmmmmmmm

4. Look. it wasn't me! Honest Guv!

While I think of it, there must be a picture of a well bent LR 'somewhere in Wales about' Hmm? Hmmmmmmmm?

5. remeal - that's what the LAD are for! :wink:

6. Yep. One that in that case could have cost someone their life. We had one returned to our unit having been used by infanteers for D&M training, that had it's main brake reservoir filled with engine oil.

7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

8. It did.

We could have sold it to Crab Air, it certainly drove sideways!