Infantry Values

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Fly boy, May 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been hovering around this site for a while and have read some truly inspiring bits and pieces on the different roles and trades. I personally have 2 career options in mind be it REME armourer or an infanteer in the R Anglians or Rifles as I am thoroughly entranced by the history of the infantry and the skill of the REME tradesman.
    My questions are what qualities must one posess to take on the combat infantrymans course and what kind of changes in themselves did serving infanteers see after the course?
    And what challenges are there in the world of an armourer?
    bearing in mind that they (along with various other capbadges) muck in as well as the infantry lads.

2. Is that part of this "charcter building" term I hear being thrown around?

3. That's probably the best bet I was told the same thing by my recruiter (Rifles)
    If you don't mind me asking what aspect of the infantry made you leave?

4. The hard bits

• Like Like x 3
  5. And the ability spend a whole day area or block cleaning without looking as though you're taking the piss.

Happy days

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fair play I suppose well when I get back to ADSC I'll give my best for a REME career

7. So wait.. I wouldn't just get get a flashy car briefcases of pay in cash and 3 shades of fanny every night for four years?

8. I doff my cap to anyone with the balls and wherewithal to become an infanteer, I certainly couldn't do it.

9. I joined as LI as it seemed exciting. The reality was a little different and they fully supported my transfer to the medics

10. The reality being?

11. That's not to say i don't want to do the muddy cold wet soldier thing because i enjoy getting stuck in but the novelty wears off fast for me.[/QUOTE]

I suppose every capbadge gets to do that every so often to call themselves a soldier which is the main reason for me joining the army. If I wanted a cushty hotel and to be pampered I would have followed my mates in to the RAF..

12. No. That's only Ammo Techs.

• Like Like x 1