Infantry to Int Corps transfer..

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by 3MercianDudee, Mar 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, new to the site. I'm currently serving in an Infantry Battalion, and have been for the past 2 years.

I am obviously going to go through my CoC, however I'm curious as to whether or not this has been done? At present, it's p1ss easy to get a transfer in TO the Infantry, but I'm not so sure about getting out of it.

Views?

Smudger

2. It has been done. And if I remember rightly there is someone doing it now.

3. He's just off to his first shiny new posting now if memory serves :D (and i'm old so it mostly does'nt :oops:

4. Yeah there is one atm, a guards L/Sgt

5. Doubt it's possible for the average Tom though is it? Pretty sound when your at JNCO/SNCO level?

6. 2x PTE equivalent ranks came across in my squad from other cap badges.

7. I know of at least 1x Pte who swindled the Infantry out of cannon-fodder, and is now taking up desk space.

8. It has been done by plenty before and transferees obviously bring lots of good knowledge and experience to the party

IIRC there is a rank limit.

Best option is to call the MOD operator and ask for Recruiting Cell to confirm

9. I transfered as a full screw from the infantry (i can hear the 'boo hiss' from the pure bloods ;-) )

IIRC, there have been a number of pte (or equivalent) transfered across in recent years.

Your best bet would be to call the recruiting cell (as suggested) and let your CoC know sooner rather than later (there are some interviews to go through ect)

Just bear in mind that, although you are a trained soldier, you will have to march round with the phase two recruits whilst training.

i don't regret a thing about transfering; it was the right thing for me to do at the time. just be sure you are doing it for the right reasons.

Good luck

10. I re-enlisted having previously been Roughly-cut Timber. I spent twenty-two years being abused and jeered. It was hell.

11. There was a Para Pte in my Basic Squad and our training Sgt was also ex-Para so there is plenty of evidence that Inf guys make it in the Int Corps. Top and bottom if you have the skills and ability the Corps is after then you should have no problem. Start the ball rolling and at least it will show you have ambition and that can't be a bad thing for your CR. I agree with F-D with regards to marching about with the Phase 2 trainees but this is a minor inconvenience and nothing to a qualified Inf soldier. Also the Phase 2 trainees will look to you as the font of all knowledge in the absence of the DS and therefore you will have additional responsibilities. Good luck!

12. I transferred as a senior rank and had eleven years ditto; mind you, that was for my less than stellar personal qualities, rather than any cap badge prejudice.

13. If you transfer in from another corp and you already have a married quarter will you get one during phase two in the Int corps?

14. Just got back from a visit to the int corps and this was brought up. It can and has happened, but as the corps is quite small there ususally has to be a good reason and/or the person in question has to be able to bring something to corps (i.e. specific training etc...). I guess answer is apply for it and see what happens.

Good luck.

15. Go for it Mercian. I was once an Inf Sldr, came across to The Corps about 6 years, never looked back.

However> be carefully bout ur us of spoken writin n grammma, their are some person who, you know who you are, r fond off slagging peps for there usse of englis.

Otherwise, come on over.

Take care and goodluck.