infantry soldiers normal week

during a normal week for an infantry soldier i.e not on operations what is there 8-5 job when at there battalion base apart from being on excercise whats there weekly duties cant find any topics on this or in any of the booklets ive been given...

probally a stupid question but cheers anyway...

zippy_07 said:
during a normal week for an infantry soldier i.e not on operations what is there 8-5 job when at there battalion base apart from being on excercise whats there weekly duties cant find any topics on this or in any of the booklets ive been given...

probally a stupid question but cheers anyway...
8-5?

9-10.30 [1]
NAAFI break / Tea and Toast
1100-1200
Lunch
1300-1430 [2]
NAAFI break [2]
1500-15.30 [2]
End

[1] does not apply Monday
[2] does not apply Wed or Fri

Shower, w4nk, sh1t, w4nk, shave and a quick w4nk. put best trapping kit on. Go down pub and impress ladies with tall tales and dancing ability ... OH, you mean AM!

phys...naffi break...maintain vehicles or equipment...scoff...lay on bed...admin/ some crap...scoff...times ur own

zippy_07 said:
so u do have time to beat one out good to know...
The Army is an equal opportunaties employer young man. You beat one out ... you'll have to beat them all out!

Life is varied and infantry roles are varied. One of the great things about the Army is that there is so much variety there isn't really time to get into a set routine. Also, each company/platoon will have a different way of doing things.

However, in a light role infantry battalion and in the few weeks that I wasn't preparing for, or on, excericise/operations/courses/adventure training/leave etc, my day was something like this:

7am, wake up, shower. If you live in a block, usually spend a quick 15 minutes making sure the block jobs are done (bins emptied, floor swept).
Breakfast.

8am. Morning company parade, roll call taken and a brief on that days activities from the CSM. OC might have a few announcements too etc.

0900-1000 - PT

1000-1100. Break/admin

1100-1200. Training.

1200-1300. Lunch

1300 afternoon roll call

1300-1500. Training.

1500-1530. Break

1530-1630. Training.

1630-1730. Spare hour. In my platoon, we tried to work hard in the day and get an early finish!

Training was usually either section level or platoon level and mainly focused on keeping our low level infantry skills sharp and up to date but could involve almost anything. My platoon training programmes would have platoon ambush drills on the local training area on one day and then a trip to a go-kart track on another day - work hard play hard etc.

We worked very hard on excercise and operations so we tried to compensate a little when in camp so the pace of a working day was never too harsh. And wed afternoon were always a game of footy and a 3pm finish (when I could get away with it!).

I would point out that 'training' did occassionaly involve an x-box and a copy of rainbow warrior...

And half the platoon would be missing because they were making tea for the CSM or doing 'jobs' for the CQMS.

Also, if Armoured, replace 'training' with 'vehicle maintenance'..

sounds pritty good cheers xinflurker...Nah im hopfully going light role if they accept me for 1 battalion rifles once ive finished at catterick...

Light role is the way ahead in my view, Rifles are a very good bunch too.

The pace of life in camp at Battalion is much much slower than in camp at Catterick, it always amazed me how so many people could achieve so little! I always enjoyed ops/excercise far more than being in camp. Anyway, good luck and enjoy!

xinflurker said:
1000-1100. Break/admin

1100-1200. Training.

1200-1300. Lunch

1300-1500. Training.

1500-1530. Break

1530-1630. Training.

1630-1730. Spare hour.
Not sure how it works in the wonderfull world of Bowman, but if you're lucky enough to get dicked, sorry "Chosen" as Pl Signaller, you can probably replace all of the above with radio maintenance :x

Also say if you were due to go on a Coy Range day and the Range's were let say,a mile down the road and the first round fired down the Range was timed for Approx 09:00 then Weapon's would be at 03:00/04:00 and then scoff 04:00/05:00 and then you will sit on the Transport from 05:00/08:00 and then leave Camp about 08:15 having got off 1x Bedycopter at least Twice for no reason what so ever...Bon Apetit :D

Latest Threads