Infantry Regts on Tour

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by A1ex136, May 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Might be joining an infantry reg, so just wondering if whilst on tours they do patrols every day or every 2 days etc?
  2. Whoaaaa. It's nice to be prepared etc, but shouldn't you be worrying about Phase 1, then phase 2......then the op tours?
  3. Yeah but my recruiting officer told me I'd best be suited for Artillery etc due to my small frame... So I was just wondering exactly how much strain would be put on me if I went infantry
  4. Do you not get fast tracked if your prestige is high on cod?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If you can pass Phase 1 and 2, then you'll be fine.
  6. It all depends on your **** elasticity.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for being the only real answer haha
  8. This is actually a real answer...
  9. Infantry don't do patrols, it's why we have the RAF Regiment!
  10. You're too small for the infantry so he's suggested the people who hump round the biggest munitions the Army uses for a living instead?

Who says that all of the pisstaking's gone out of the Army?
  11. Eh? They don't expect you to crawl up the barrel to clean the ******* thing. That's what pull through staves and Fijians are for.
  12. Best go to Kings Troop Royal Horse Artillery, they have girls in there.
  13. HHH

HHH LE

The CO of the Regt that is on tour organises a rota with the opposition so that they have a set patrol timetable, because you would want to waste your time going on patrol and not meeting the enemy.
    • Like Like x 3

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Forget the piss-taking, serious answer; it depends how hard you negotiate when you're attested - and make sure you have it in writing so the RSM has no comeback.