Infantry regiment...

Hey, can someone give me a list of infantry regiments/battalions that recruit from the lincolnshire area, i am instrested in joining and would like to research a few before visiting the army careers office so i have a rough idea of who i would like to join.

thanks sammyw.

Robin Hood and the Merry Men in Tights?

You'll get to wear Lincoln Green :D

Im going to use this thread to ask a quick question myself. I'm from Hertfordshire, I'd like to join the Vikings (1 Royal Anglian), but apparantly its 2 Royal Anglian that recruits from Hertfordshire. Does that mean I HAVE to join the 2nd battalion? Or can I still join the 1st battalion?

Sorry if this is a silly question.

Dizzee367 said:
Im going to use this thread to ask a quick question myself. I'm from Hertfordshire, I'd like to join the Vikings (1 Royal Anglian), but apparantly its 2 Royal Anglian that recruits from Hertfordshire. Does that mean I HAVE to join the 2nd battalion? Or can I still join the 1st battalion?

Sorry if this is a silly question.
you can join any one you want

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
One of the Angle Irons antecedants was the Lincolnshire Regiment (damn fine chapel in Lincoln Minster).I believe the regimental museum is in the Museum Of Lincolnshire Life.

I think that one of the Guards Regiments tries to recruit from the county. If being drilled to within an inch of your life floats your boat, then that may well be the way to go.

The Angle Irons have been Large/Large for many years (even pre-dating options for change), so if you want mech/armoured or any permutation thereof, have a chat with your ACIO about the Poachers/Vikings.

look into the rifles they have 5 battalions

1st Battalion - Commando Infantry (3 Commando Brigade) - Beachley Barracks,Chepstow.
2nd Battalion - Light Role (19 Light Brigade) - Abercorn Barracks,Ballykinler, Northern Ireland.
3rd Battalion - Light Role (52 Infantry Brigade though currently re-subordinated to 11 Light Brigade in preparation of a tour to Afghanistan) - Edinburgh.
4th Battalion - Mechanised Infantry (1 Mechanised Brigade) -Kiwi Barracks,Bulford, Wiltshire.Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall visited the unit in July 2008.The current commanding officer is Lieutenant-Colonel Rupert Jones,son of Lt-Col Herbert "H" Jones VC (posthumous) of Goose Green fame.
5th Battalion - Armoured Infantry (20th Armoured Brigade) - Paderborn, Germany.

so you can have loads of choice were u wanna be based and you can move around also they have look at life courses if ur intrested go to acio

The Royal Anglians looks like an ideal regiment for me but do the battalions swap between mechanized and light role? the mechanized looks more intresting to me but its the light role that recruit from my area, thou im sure a guy back in secondary school said he was in the process of joining a mechanized unit.

sammyw said:
The Royal Anglians looks like an ideal regiment for me but do the battalions swap between mechanized and light role? the mechanized looks more intresting to me but its the light role that recruit from my area, thou im sure a guy back in secondary school said he was in the process of joining a mechanized unit.
Read the thread, I asked this question earlier on. You can join either one.

Latest Threads