Infantry regiment...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sammyw, Jul 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, can someone give me a list of infantry regiments/battalions that recruit from the lincolnshire area, i am instrested in joining and would like to research a few before visiting the army careers office so i have a rough idea of who i would like to join.

thanks sammyw.
  2. Royal Anglian Regiment
  3. Robin Hood and the Merry Men in Tights?

You'll get to wear Lincoln Green :D
  4. Grenadier Guards
  5. Royal Anglians is your best bet.
  6. Im going to use this thread to ask a quick question myself. I'm from Hertfordshire, I'd like to join the Vikings (1 Royal Anglian), but apparantly its 2 Royal Anglian that recruits from Hertfordshire. Does that mean I HAVE to join the 2nd battalion? Or can I still join the 1st battalion?

Sorry if this is a silly question.
  7. you can join any one you want
  8. They are both very fine units, don't rate one above the other!
  9. Ok thought so, thanks. Blobmeister, Yes they are both very fine units, but I would like to be apart of the mechanized infantry.
  10. 2nd are mech Inf aren't they?. I believe they are in Germany?
  11. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they are light infantry.
  12. Poachers are light yes.
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

One of the Angle Irons antecedants was the Lincolnshire Regiment (damn fine chapel in Lincoln Minster).I believe the regimental museum is in the Museum Of Lincolnshire Life.

I think that one of the Guards Regiments tries to recruit from the county. If being drilled to within an inch of your life floats your boat, then that may well be the way to go.

The Angle Irons have been Large/Large for many years (even pre-dating options for change), so if you want mech/armoured or any permutation thereof, have a chat with your ACIO about the Poachers/Vikings.
  14. 1 Royal Anglian are Mechanized
    2 Royal Anglian are light role