Infantry question?

Hi

I am wanting to join the infantry(Mercian/Duke of lancs, not sure yet) and hopefully in the future do the medic training. I have heard about the open uni courses that you can do in your spare time would these cover a medical degree for being a paramedic after the army?

Thanks

any comments/advice welcome

ste.

Z

Zarathustra

G11 - Foundation Degree in Paramedic Sciences - Open University Qualification

Entry requirements – Although some modules in the foundation degree are available to all students, the full degree is at present restricted to students who are employed within a paramedic science setting and are being supported in their practice learning by their employer. For further information, employers and individuals are invited initially to contact our Student Registration & Enquiry Service.
It looks very unlikely you'll be able to get a degree in Paramedical Science from the OU without already working as and Ambulance Technician. But you'd have know that if you'd bothered your arse to spend 10 minutes on Google

Z

Zarathustra

Thanks If i cannot do the paramedic course ill just do another trade (already got plumbing).

Thanks for the replys

ste.
If you have your heart set on being a Paramedic when you leave, the RAMC might have trades which could allow you to fulfill the clinic parts of the OU course, speak to your AFCO

Thanks If i cannot do the paramedic course ill just do another trade (already got plumbing).

Thanks for the replys

ste.
Good plumbers are on £100.000 per year. I wouldn't worry about the para medic bit if I were you. :)

Don't talk shit! I was a plumber before I joined up, and trust me if i was on less than half that I wouldn't of bothered.
GGJ did say GOOD Plumbers

Hi

I am wanting to join the infantry(Mercian/Duke of lancs, not sure yet) and hopefully in the future do the medic training. I have heard about the open uni courses that you can do in your spare time would these cover a medical degree for being a paramedic after the army?

Thanks

any comments/advice welcome

ste.
If you ask your RSM nicely he might give you 3 years off to do the competency training, blue light course etc.

Thanks for the replys

ste.
Sounds like you should be with the rest of those nappy wearing corps wallahs, not in the infantry (well maybe the Mercians) or possibly the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps?

Don't talk shit! I was a plumber before I joined up, and trust me if i was on less than half that I wouldn't of bothered.
I'm not talking about fixing taps mate. Good CORGI and now Gas Safe registered plumbers are on mega money. If you are a plumber, you presumably know something about the stringent qualifications needed to do gas plumbing. That's why the good one's are earning more than people like chartered accountants.

Sounds like you should be with the rest of those nappy wearing corps wallahs, not in the infantry (well maybe the Mercians) or possibly the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps?
WTF are you going on about? I asked a perfectly decent question or are you the forums muppet?

WTF are you going on about? I asked a perfectly decent question or are you the forums muppet?
"whats that noise I can hear? oh yes its mummy calling you in for your tea"