Infantry Qualifications

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by rhodesas01, May 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello i was just wondering as what qualification would best suit me towards the infantry take in mind that i go to a building college and i have already done a Diploma level 1 any ideas ?
  2. I didnt think you needed any qualifications for the infantry, bearing in mind that there are some lads that cant read. I think if you are asking this question you probably have a mind for learning and you should look into trades that will give you lots of quals like the Engineers or the REME. What ever you decide don't let the careers office push you into the wrong trade.
  3. The only "qualification" I would suggest would be the balls to "close with and kill the enemy".
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Not really that many qualifications needed for the infantry, just basics I think. But it wouldn't hurt to be quite good at maths and English as you will need them all the time. Plus the ability to remember at least 300,000 different neumonics (sp?)!!!

Sent from my iPhone after numerous autocorrections of correct spellings
  5. NONE.
  6. No quals required, the infantry are considered thick as mince (and that's being unkind to mince).
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Only considered? I have seen many examples qualifying that some are indeed thick as mince, usually adorned with some stripes even the odd crown!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thick as mince? I've never been so insulted, give us some praise at least. Perhaps as thick as a norwegian full of cookhouse custard?

Not an actual Norwegian, but one of the range stew variety!

Sent from my iPhone after numerous autocorrections of correct spellings
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Oah I know that you don't need any qualifications for infantry just wondering which ones would help in the long run ?
  10. Hey! I'm in the Intranfree!!
  11. I don't think a completely thick infanteer would last very long; you need to be able to read bits of important information like, 'This Side Towards Enemy,' for example, and assimilate knowledge from a wide range of subjects. Saying that, nous is more important than a list of 'A' Grades but if you wish to progress you will be better placed if you can count to more than potato and write more than 'text-speak'. It goes without saying that fitness too is paramount.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. You're endlessly asking dog shit questions. How about joining up and commencing the journey.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I'm not old enough to sign papers.
  14. Your mum will be though. I assume.