Infantry Operations.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sammyw, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm still deciding what regiment/battalion i want to join, another concern i have is i am keen to go on operations, like to Iraq or Afghanistan. I was wondering if all battalions are as operation active as others, and if not, which ones are not?

Thanks in advance, Sammyw.

2. If you join the Infantry regardless of regiment, you will go on Operations.

3. parachute regiment or royal marines do the most because their the elite force of the army. but every infrantry regiment is on operations.
    but i would say that the paras are doin the most they are in northern island /iraq/afganistan/beliz and theirs a few more sorry if i spelt them wroung .

4. Are you on drugs?

5. You read too much and do too less.

6. As a disclaimer to the original poster - Luke.S has no fcuking idea what he's talking about.

7. He is right though in saying para's and marines are busy, but of course marines arent army. As far as most of what hes saying goes,thats the drugs talking. But yeah, join any infantry regiment, find one you like the look of, mech, armoured, light etc.

8. i'm just going to go ahead and say what he really ment ... *eh humm* (clears throat) everyone is busy at the moment.

9. They are busy, not taking anything away from them but so is the rest of the Army - especially the Infantry. But in the past 2 years 16Bde have not been to Iraq, Afghan, and NI (mainly because Banner has 'finished' now).

Which is why I said he has no idea what he's on about.

10. 'another concern i have is i am keen to go on operations'

Don't worry, young feller, when the bullets start flying, there's more than enough war out there for everyone - don't wish for something too hard, you might just get it!

11. The Royal Irish have just came back from an eight month tour of Afghan, they are part of 16 Air Assault Brigade, which is one the most busiest brigades as part of the Army, they are usually taken in terns with 3 commando brigade, every infantry regiment has a part to play in the army, but whichever you join you will most likely find yourself, with an upcoming tour! (operation) eventually, that will last 6 - 8 months.

12. What the feck out you on about you MONG , there's para and marines yes...but there's many more too like.... The rifles (1rifles are commado's),the queens,greinder(sorry for splleing),scots gaurds any many many more ....fecking wannbie civi fecker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.