infantry officer

Dear all, as a new subscriber i was interested in all your opinions. I am currently 28 and a corporal in the TA, a combat support unit, been in about 14 months. i wanted to become an Officer in an infantry unit in London. Can anyone suggest weather i can still become an Officer at my age and also suggest a well attended unit in which i could join. I like the traditional pomp and splender of the army, i have looked at the HAC but you can't go straight in as an Officer.
thanks in advanced.

To become a TA Officer in the London Area you need to do Cadre which is run by the ULOTC. Have a look at www.ulotc.co.uk

I think that they also require 5 GCSEs

As for which Unit. Best thing is to get your Adj to arrange a visit as that it the only whey you will have any idea what you are joining. (And you should have a good time while visiting.)

Edited to correct spelling.

far-famed_wolf said:
To become a TA Officer in the London Area you need to do Cadra which is run by the ULOTC. have a look at www.ulotc.co.uk

I think that thay also requre 5 GCSEs

As for which Unit. Best thing is to get your Adj to arainge a vist as that it the only whay you will have any idea what you are joining. (and you should have a good time while visting.)
If you wanted to be picky...

msr

Good luck, it will make a pleasant change from the one pip wonderful recently ex ULOTC idiot I had last week - you know who you are.

Upon being told his plan was crap and should try doing one thing at a time promptly went ahead with said plan and lost at a section to blue on blue. Then proceeded to shout at anyone who would listen (very few) to attack, attack attack etc (I had been advised I was dead by now).

Hopefully an ex-Cpl (even non-inf) would understand that TEWTS do not a leader and general make and experience should be listened to.

sbeaver said:
I am currently 28 and a corporal in the TA, a combat support unit, been in about 14 months. i wanted to become an Officer in an infantry unit in London.

I like the traditional pomp and splender of the army.
So your a CORPORAL after 14 months........very short time to get to such a level, please tell. If you like the pomp and splender .....well I`ll keep those thoughts to myself as I find your thread rather false .

Latest Threads