infantry officer

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by sbeaver, Jun 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear all, as a new subscriber i was interested in all your opinions. I am currently 28 and a corporal in the TA, a combat support unit, been in about 14 months. i wanted to become an Officer in an infantry unit in London. Can anyone suggest weather i can still become an Officer at my age and also suggest a well attended unit in which i could join. I like the traditional pomp and splender of the army, i have looked at the HAC but you can't go straight in as an Officer.
    thanks in advanced.
  2. You need a good standard of written English to be an officer (even an infantry officer!)
  3. hehe excieidinginly trew
  4. To become a TA Officer in the London Area you need to do Cadre which is run by the ULOTC. Have a look at

I think that they also require 5 GCSEs

As for which Unit. Best thing is to get your Adj to arrange a visit as that it the only whey you will have any idea what you are joining. (And you should have a good time while visiting.)

Edited to correct spelling.

5. It's a CADRE not a CADRA - see what I mean about written English?

Bah! In my day.... rant, rant, rant etc.
  6. msr

msr LE

If you wanted to be picky...

7. Good luck, it will make a pleasant change from the one pip wonderful recently ex ULOTC idiot I had last week - you know who you are.

Upon being told his plan was crap and should try doing one thing at a time promptly went ahead with said plan and lost at a section to blue on blue. Then proceeded to shout at anyone who would listen (very few) to attack, attack attack etc (I had been advised I was dead by now).

Hopefully an ex-Cpl (even non-inf) would understand that TEWTS do not a leader and general make and experience should be listened to.
  8. ULOTC having a hand in training young Ruperts?

FFS. Shurely shome mishtake
  9. ~ULOTC = University London or Liverpool? Have seen some Liverpool lot with that on... i think...
  10. H3

H3 LE

So your a CORPORAL after 14 months........very short time to get to such a level, please tell. If you like the pomp and splender .....well I`ll keep those thoughts to myself as I find your thread rather false .
  11. msr

msr LE

Unless ex-regular army...
  12. Well I know of a Yeoman of Signals (SSgt) whose only been in 5/6 years. Older soldiers do tend to get promoted a lot quicker.