Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by bezza, Jan 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright I want to join my local infantry regiment but I also want to do some intelligence, primarily HUMINT. Is it possible to do this in the infantry or is joining the Intelligence Corps the only option?
  2. Recce is HUMINT.

But I guess you are referring to other things?
  3. Yes I mean more hands on and personal such as gathering Intel from POWs, local populace etc
  4. It's pretty straightforward - if you want to close with and kill the enemy, it's the infantry. If you want to do int (note, not intel) work, then join the Int Corps.

There are possibilities downstream for more senior infantry types to do other things, but that would involve being a good infantry soldier and getting promoted a couple of times before those are an option.
  5. Ok fair do's. (thanks about the Int note) I'm pretty adamant on still joining the infantry. Is it possible to transfer or re-train to the Intelligence Corps or is that a decision I have to make from go and stick with?
  6. No. Inter Corps/Regiment transfer is permitted throughout your career - you are allowed to transfer...

Editted to make sense ;)
  7. Really? Cheers, that sucks but cheers.

Lastly, any opinions as to what I should do?
  8. Bradders PM inbound
  9. LoooooL, When I put that I didnt mean NO transfer is permitted, LoL, I meant No (FULL STOP) Transfer is permitted throughout your career.
  10. Oh right lol that would explain the look of confusion on my face right now then lol.

So how would that work then, how much re-training would be required and is there any restrictions i.e. how long you must spend in a regiment etc
  11. There are no restrictions - you would obviously have to complete the Phase 2 of which ever trade/role you wished to transfer to...
  12. Oh right cheers for that.

Just finally and then I'll shut up, realistically if I spoke to my superiors to transfer how long would the stall it/ how long would it take to process and all that side of it until I began re-training. Like 6 months? more? less?

13. That would be dependant on which corp/reg your leaving and which corp/reg your wish to transfer to... anything from a few months to a year...
  14. Cool, Cheers thanks for that