Infantry 2 Miler

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Ozduke, Jan 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking at getting my Downunder boys to complete the Inf 2 Miler. Can someone please let me know the time and weight requirements these days? Meanwhile, I'll work out how to do miles into Kilometres!

Cheers

OzD

2. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

37 pounds + rifle + helmet + water and running it in 18 minutes or less.

At least that's the one I do!

3. 2 miles is 3.2km. Miles x 1.6 = km

4. You forgot to mention full combats aswell BBear lol....Our Company used to do a 2 miler every thursday morning - without fail. As ive mentioned in other similar threads, our OC was very keen ! :cry:

5. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Well, yes - naturally you would be dressed when doing this...!

I've done it a few times with Webbing, other times just a bergan.

Dandy-Angus, we did one from the assault course at Senny to X range (I think). As a squad. And carrying those who couldn't keep up. Bit cheeky that one!

6. I remember doing a 2 miler when i joined the ADU NI around the Maze Prison, a few of us were Infantry lads so just got on with it, but this lad from the RE collapsed at the end and started turning a funny shade of blue, how we laughed while he choked, coughed, and foamed like a rabid dog and promptly sent to the med centre ...tehehehehehee

7. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

It's always more amusing when someone ends up with a nasty injury!

8. Cheers mate - tossed and turned all night about that!

9. Ooh how I used to love pushing out those two milers round the airfield at Depot Queens Division!! I also seem to remember doing some representative military tasks or is my brain turning to mush.....

10. The Two Miler. Got to be the hardest one of the lot.

Even as a young Racing Snake I used to dread this with a passion. I knew there was a reason I left.

Thanks for the reminder!

11. Howling when combined with a shoot :(

12. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

RMT - Like getting into the back of a 4 tonner, getting over a wall... all fun and games!

I was wrong about Senny, it was to G range instead. 2 1/2 miles in 20 minutes with 50 Lbs. Then had to hit 90% or punishment phys... Nice!

13. If you're refferring to the 'Brecon' 2 miler, as I recall it was 36lbs (incl wpn and helmet) in under 18 mins, although I last completed one some time ago OZDuke .....

14. Yes the much dreaded 2 miler.

The last one I did came under the name (correct me if I'm wrong) of ACFT and was an alterate to the 8 miler for those units that didn't have the time or space.

I think it started with an 800m warm up as a squad in 7 minutes followed by 2.4 Km individual effort in 14 minutes carrying 20Kg plus helmet and weapon, lastly a series of tasks such as casualty drag, wall climb etc.

I know as an instructor at the ITC in the mid 90's when it first opened crow had 20 minutes and the instructors had to do it a minute or two quicker on the Comdt s 'Code Reds'.

15. That's the badger, last one I did was at Leek a month or two back (lovely giant hill at the turn around point). We normally do ours with 20kilo spread between daysack and webbing or just webbing if you so prefer! Plus gat lid and water - Good times!

W-60