• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Infantry 2 Miler

I'm looking at getting my Downunder boys to complete the Inf 2 Miler. Can someone please let me know the time and weight requirements these days? Meanwhile, I'll work out how to do miles into Kilometres!

Cheers

OzD

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
37 pounds + rifle + helmet + water and running it in 18 minutes or less.

At least that's the one I do!

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well, yes - naturally you would be dressed when doing this...!

I've done it a few times with Webbing, other times just a bergan.

Dandy-Angus, we did one from the assault course at Senny to X range (I think). As a squad. And carrying those who couldn't keep up. Bit cheeky that one!

I remember doing a 2 miler when i joined the ADU NI around the Maze Prison, a few of us were Infantry lads so just got on with it, but this lad from the RE collapsed at the end and started turning a funny shade of blue, how we laughed while he choked, coughed, and foamed like a rabid dog and promptly sent to the med centre ...tehehehehehee

Ooh how I used to love pushing out those two milers round the airfield at Depot Queens Division!! I also seem to remember doing some representative military tasks or is my brain turning to mush.....

The Two Miler. Got to be the hardest one of the lot.

Even as a young Racing Snake I used to dread this with a passion. I knew there was a reason I left.

Thanks for the reminder!

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
RMT - Like getting into the back of a 4 tonner, getting over a wall... all fun and games!

I was wrong about Senny, it was to G range instead. 2 1/2 miles in 20 minutes with 50 Lbs. Then had to hit 90% or punishment phys... Nice!

L

Los_Cojones

If you're refferring to the 'Brecon' 2 miler, as I recall it was 36lbs (incl wpn and helmet) in under 18 mins, although I last completed one some time ago OZDuke .....

Los_Cojones said:
If you're refferring to the 'Brecon' 2 miler, as I recall it was 36lbs (incl wpn and helmet) in under 18 mins, although I last completed one some time ago OZDuke .....
Yes the much dreaded 2 miler.

The last one I did came under the name (correct me if I'm wrong) of ACFT and was an alterate to the 8 miler for those units that didn't have the time or space.

I think it started with an 800m warm up as a squad in 7 minutes followed by 2.4 Km individual effort in 14 minutes carrying 20Kg plus helmet and weapon, lastly a series of tasks such as casualty drag, wall climb etc.

I know as an instructor at the ITC in the mid 90's when it first opened crow had 20 minutes and the instructors had to do it a minute or two quicker on the Comdt s 'Code Reds'.

bangalore said:
Los_Cojones said:
Yes the much dreaded 2 miler.

The last one I did came under the name (correct me if I'm wrong) of ACFT and was an alterate to the 8 miler for those units that didn't have the time or space.

I think it started with an 800m warm up as a squad in 7 minutes followed by 2.4 Km individual effort in 14 minutes carrying 20Kg plus helmet and weapon, lastly a series of tasks such as casualty drag, wall climb etc.

I know as an instructor at the ITC in the mid 90's when it first opened crow had 20 minutes and the instructors had to do it a minute or two quicker on the Comdt s 'Code Reds'.

That's the badger, last one I did was at Leek a month or two back (lovely giant hill at the turn around point). We normally do ours with 20kilo spread between daysack and webbing or just webbing if you so prefer! Plus gat lid and water - Good times!

W-60

When I was an instructor at the good old NCOs Tac Wing Brecon (88-90) it was 35lb of belt order, no day sacks, rifle, helmet, full combats, binos round the neck for added comfort (especially the big black rubber ones) and quite obviously a fail before starting if your pencil wasn't sharpened at both ends - how I enjoyed those early morning kit weight/checks!

Mile out then about turn and mile back in, had to be completed in under 18 minutes.

Started of looking like the professional bods they were and finished looking like they had kitted themselves out from an abandoned Iraqi fire trench - much amusement for us at the time!

Last one i did was 45lb + Weapon and Helmet, completed in under 18 minutes.
I f*cking hate it with a passion, the hoop gives it 5 pence 50 pence without fail the minute i know one is coming up!
That said i do always pass!

poo_finger said:
Last one i did was 45lb + Weapon and Helmet, completed in under 18 minutes.
I f*cking hate it with a passion, the hoop gives it 5 pence 50 pence without fail the minute i know one is coming up!
That said i do always pass!
First time I did it with the CCF we carried 50lb, no webbing or daysacks - weight in the hands and pockets only and in wet combats and flip-flops.

We were tough in those days.

You'll ferkin kill them! :)

I did this only once, in bosnia at the BLMF. For some reason, the OC Sqn thought that the Sig Sqn had to pass this one, as we were on a semi urban environment. Two weeks later he changed his mind ant made us do the 8 miler as well. I seem to remember preferring the 2 miler, as it was less boring, but I've always had a soft spot for the painful option!

I'd pay money to see your Q bloke's face at the end of it!

Just make the start point Gym 2, and the end can be the top of Enoggerra hill. Get a big jack wagon!

I remember doing this 2miler as part of the ACFT for pre-deployment training. Day sacks werent allowed as there was a firemans carry test at the end and also some other test which involved getting up and down into the prone a lot.

I remember it was quite cheeky and I felt quite chuffed I had passed at the end of it. Also remember Q muscles saying it was going to be getting done a lot more as it was a more relevent test to current ops.

Latest Threads