Infamy - The real bad lads Army

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SuperTrooper, Jul 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There have been Bill Oddies of all sorts throughout history, some heroic and others, for this purposes of this thread, not so nice.

I am interested in stories of the bad ones. Apart from MDN, who'd molest anything with a pulse, including old people, dogs, yoof and himself, there have been some bad lads in the forces. Who are they? I'd like to kick the ball rolling with this fine example of how not to serve your country. Ex squadies also apply, so Dennis Nilson can be included.

There was a rumour that they had Herr Reese's bullet damaged skull at the RMP 'black museum' at Chichester in the late eighties to early nineties.

Anyone else got any, living or dead, still serving or serving time? :D

2. Kray Twins spent a very brief period of National Service with The Fusiliers at The Tower, before entering into a "correctional facility" at Shepton Mallet.

3. John Reginald Halliday Christie - Royal Signals

4. Who told you MDN required his victims to have a pulse?

5. I believe his only stipulation is that they must have had a pulse at sometime.

6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Harry Roberts the notorious cop killer served in Kenya and Malaya (where he distinguished himself) in, I think, the Royal West Kents. Finally up for parole this year. He shot two coppers in the the Braybrook St massacre in 1966 in Shepherds Bush, and his mate shot another.

I remember a football terrace chant sung along to "London Bridge" that went something like:

Harry Roberts is our friend
    Is our friend, is our friend
    Harry Roberts is our friend
    He kills coppers

Shoots the bastards with a gun
    With a gun, with a gun
    Shoots the bastards with a gun
    Harry Roberts

Shoots the bastards two by two
    Two by two, two by two
    Shoots the bastards two by two
    He kills coppers

Let him out to kill some more
    Kill some more, kill some more
    Harry Roberts

7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sorry, not West kents, was a Greenjacket ( before they became Royal) He served in 3rd Battalion The GreenJackets (Rifle Brigade). An 'elite corps of marksmen'. Sadly, he was well trained, and had served in Recce Pln.

8. Idi Amin served with a Scottish Regt (The Black Watch I think) while fighting the Mau Mau in Kenya.

Went on to be a total fcuk headed lunatic. It doesn't get much more infamous than that. Unless Pol Pot was a para.

9. IDI Amin was in the Kings African Rifles but in later life fancied himself by wearing an Argyles glengarry! Certainly not in the Black Watch.

10. I wonder what happened to his 'VC'?.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He's being a bit lax with his own 'stipulations'! I have it on good authority that he has molested a number of melons and even cucumbers. A quick check in my almanac tells me that these items did not have a pulse. It could be considered that hoover pipes have a pulse of sorts (50hz), so I'll let that one pass.

12. I do believe he took up the Argyles head dress at the time he called himself the 'King of Scotland' one of the moments that came out of the recent 'Last King of Scotland' movie.

13. Donald Neilson (Nappey before changing his name) AKA The Black Panther was a national serviceman (not sure which lot he was with) prior to embarking on a career of armed blaggings and the murders of a number of Post Masters. His second nefarious occupation culminated in the Murder of Lesley Whittle in 1974/5 and an indefinate stretch at her majesties pleasure.

14. Pontius Pilate, a right b*stard he was. Served in a famous Scottish Regiment.

Not the Royals, of course. We can tell because he washed his hands, once.

15. :clap: :clap: :clap: Applause, Carrots!