Inf. Anti-Tank weapons.

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Cpl_Clot, Jul 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PIAT v 3.5 v Energa v 84mm MAW v 66mm LAW.

Just wanted to start a thread before Andy_Smith! :wink:
  2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

No RPG7 or Lrac 89mm?????
  3. The Javelin

4. 105 mm recoiless Rifle in the hands of 1 Para Suez invasion 1956

5. I know the recruiting age limit had gone up - but.

BT. :lol:
  6. Javelin looks to be the dogs bolllox, from what I've seen - anyone in here actually used one and like to comment?

Charlie Gee was shite. 66 always felt like a useful bang against anything but an MBT. Milan's infuriating minimum range was a PITA. 94 was an awful big lump for a one shot throwaway...

My favourite pre-Javelin - that actually did something to the target - was the Wombat... Deffo not really portable, but at least it felt like it would feck anything it hit...

I have a suspicion that we'd have done a lot better to follow the P'faust/RPG development route...
  7. The Javelin is a fire and forget missile. You have one of those little TV screens which can pick out the heat signature, then you get the target framed and fire. The missile will keep low and when it gets to the tank it climb up into the air before slamming down on the top of turret. You don't want to be on the wrong end of it.
  8. The enrga was one of those weapons I would try and avoid at all costs. As you know it fitted to an attachment on your rifle barrel. the sight if you can call it that was set for 25/50/75 yards and was like a half moon shape cut out for those three distances and you line up the target in the half moon shape with the curved top of the inerga. Now you put a ballisite cartridge in the breach to fire the bomb away. Now before you did that you unscrewed the fuse from the bomb and reversed it, now should you drop it or knock the fuse or should it hit any thing in flight then it went bang. Now at times when you fired it the Energa the ballistite cartridge had lost a lot of it's power and it just fell of the end of the rifle and the best thing you could do was to run like Fcuk.
  9. What's up with people?

Have you all forgotten Vigilant and Swingfire?

And as this thread seems to be being taken seriously :? I'd rather have the Charlie-G over the 66 any day.

Better range, better penetration, very accurate and at least with a hang-fire it was only count to 15 before re-loading, not five sodding minutes! :roll:
  10. has any one else used or fired the ILAW any thoughts on this weapon
  11. Javelin. No contest
  12. We still use Carl G (upgraded), very reliable, good bang for the buck, multi-purpose
  13. You have got to be frikken kidding... I'm thinking of the issued UK version, without any fancy lasers or optics - the general consensus was that you couldn't hit a barn door if it fell on you with the blooody thing... Not to mention the fact that it was plainly incapable of penetrating anything heavier than a 432...