Industrial Tribunal

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Flying_Dragon, Jan 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I am concidering taking some kind of action along the lines of Industrial Tribunal can any one provide advice. Can serving solderiers take this kind of action!!!!!!!! :?:
  2. Yes. If it is that bad you should be in receipt of legal advice. If you haven't had legal advice you probably aren't far enough down the chain of complaint yet.

    Bear in mind-Ind Trib's rule on the LAW-not what (you think) is fair. They will only find in your favour if the organisation has broken the law or failed to carry out their legal requirements.

    Above all else-you need legal advice.
  3. Further to devexwarrior's advice. you should be able to show that you have eliminated and or exhausted all internal procedures. EDA normally your first port of call before legal.
  4. Its been 'Employment Tribunal' for the last 8 years or so.
    Sorry, I know it adds nothing to your problem but its one of those things that gets right up my **** retentive rickker.
  5. If you have reached this far down the grievance process you need to bear in mind that strict time-limits apply.

    You should have been briefed on this during the earlier stages of appeal etc.

    To echo the above posts, it is imperative that you seek qualified legal advice as soon as possible if you believe that you've exhausted all other avenues of redress.

    Tribunals rule on the balance of probability and apportion blame and compensation accordingly. This means that the case doesn't have to be proven absolutely for some redress to be awarded.

    Don't get your hopes up though: unless you're a one-legged, black lesbian it's often difficult to score a life-changing sum!
  6. You havn't been inspired by a recent case that saw £400K going to the upset person, by chance :?
  7. are you sure? i thought that whilst serving, you could only go to employment tribunal in very specific circumstances - e.g. racial or sexual discrimination.
  8. .
    taken from armynet - "Management of Soldiers" handbook for commanders: