Industrial Revelations

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Sir_Sidney_Ruff_Diamond, Jan 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can I highly recommend to all and sundry the series Industrial Revelations and More Industrial Revelations on the Discovery channel hosted by Mark Williams ex Fast Show and Harry Potter. He makes a highly entertaining, enthusiastic and informative presenter.

This is a most interesting show that I defy anyone not to find of value. It explains every facet of our industrial past, the men and the machines (most of them very big and steam-driven) that made the empire.

It is repeated on Discovery quite regulalrly but unfortunately not yet available on DVD. For anyone with kids this is the perfect antidote to current 3rd Reich obsessesed GCSE history syllabus in showing what this country is/was capable of.

2. I concur! An excellent wee program and I suspect made more for love than money. (See the end title sequence in one episode where he washes his own weelies and makes a joke about no wardrobe on this shoot).

3. He is ful of good one liners. Best one after talking about the brewing industry pint in hand he says I could only drink about nine pints of that!