Indulgence Flights to Canada

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by plant_life, Dec 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. The title says it all. What is the deal with indulgence flights out to BATUS? Who/where do I apply for the flight; I assume it's through Brize. Has anybody got a contact number for there? Any relevent info would be much appreciated.

    Many thanks in advance.
  2. just tried this last month there are no flights available at the moment apply on form off dii cant remeber which one but easy to find it is dealt with by a sgt in abbey wood and will send you a email with availability which is very handy as you then can just deal with him from a civi email address
  3. Cheers Sleeper. When I am back at work I will look it up. When I called Brize they did say that there were very few flights running at the moment and they were all either C17 or Herc.
  4. Im going to Canada for 7 months in January. My wife was asking me about this, can she apply for an indulgence flight to Canada?
  5. Theoreticaly yes. Its a question of availability though
  6. And can be very expensive if for some reason she cant get an indulgence flight back, I don't think the army guarantees a space so she might have to make (and pay) for her own way back.
  7. If she can't get an indulgence flight, the cheapest carrier to out here is Air Transit/Canadian Affair they fly from Gatwick and Manchester directly to Calgary.
  8. If you have the patience, also look into flights via Hercules (those that don't carry dangerous air cargo). I have traveled to Canada and back vis Herc before on indulgence status. Take several books, a good gonk bag and some scoff.