Indoor Running Deer

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Watcher, Jan 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chatting to a pal from my shooting club we got to talking about the fact that quite a few of us own CZ452s. We agreed that it would be good to arrange some indoor 'running deer' type comps but none of us have any experience of them. Unfortunately the range we use doesn't have any turning target mechanisms. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
  2. It's usually Running Boar with .22s. It isn't a turning target discipline, its a crossing target. If you look at the BSRC's setup at Bisley you will see that you need a lot of stuff around the range: up, down, left & right for errant shots. That will be your major problem in a miniature range.
  3. I can see the problem. Perhaps we'll have to cook something up ourselves or see if we can safely replicate the Bisley set up. I'm down there in May so I'll have a look.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It isnt out of th realms of possibility, there are air rifle rated running deer systems for about £100 so getting one for rimfire shouldnt be too hard. You may need to set up a cage as in clay shooting to restrict the left and right arcs but its all achievable. I will look out the system, I think Bushwear sold the stuff!
    Here you go, made by Gamo
    Gamo Precision Airguns - Air rifles, Pistols, Pellets, CO2 :: Gamo
    I suspect you could make a rimfireproof version of this!
    it looks fun, I could set it up outsde myoffice window and plink away all day!
  5. I've tried it myself but my missus prefers me to bring them home once they're dead. It's the mess, she says.

No to be honest I'm lucky to be able to use the local German facilities, although not cheap it's well worth doing as a group, you can shoot full bore, in my case .416NE & .375 H&H without problem. They have loads of films any game you like.