• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Indonesian Confrontation

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
The Gurkha Museum is putting on an exhibition to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the end of the jungle war in Borneo.
Gurkha Museum

Should make for an interesting and timely reminder of an often overlooked counter-insurgency campaign. Hopefully it will share the light with the non-Gurkha elements in that war.

Thanks a lot for that link, RP578. I never knew there was a Ghurka Museum. Looks well worth a visit.

MsG

Thanks muzzleflash. Good article by Clive Fairweather. Good Lord I even recognise some o' the sodgers in the photie!

Heard a lot about Borneo as a kid from my old man who was at Plaman Mapu, where the Indos tried to score a big victory across the border. He made it sound like Rorke's Drift Mk 2 and later reading on my part after his death confirmed it was quite a night. Perhaps a candidate for the suggested war film thread...

Latest Threads