Individual Fieldcraft - The Film

given the list of films to the right (shoot to kill anyone) You tube downloader is about to get hammered.

Got to be honest, not sure what YouBoob's rules and regs are regarding what can or cannot be uploaded. Are you saying they can be hammered because of the title or the content?

Still, nice to see 'that rifle' in STK...that truely is a blast from the past.

I vaugely remember this film. Does anybody remember that there was another one as well about sniping. One of the two characters, a sniper and a spotter, was a professional actor and the other was a squaddy. I think the squaddy was the sniper and the actor the spotter but I might have got it the wrong way around. The story is that the squaddy "actor" got his usual pay while the professional actor was apparently paid a small fortune for his services to the MOD in the film.

Got to be honest, not sure what YouBoob's rules and regs are regarding what can or cannot be uploaded. Are you saying they can be hammered because of the title or the content?
No, I am saying the programm 'you tube downloader' is about to be hammered downloading vintage army films to my hard drive...

F

fozzy

The "Designed to Kill" film has a cameo at the end by Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart; when he was a Major in the RAOC. Long before his UNIT days...

They still havent got the classic 'Tank Recovery' one up yet from 83, i sweated blood for that film.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
and note the well scrimmed helmet!

I vaugely remember this film. Does anybody remember that there was another one as well about sniping. One of the two characters, a sniper and a spotter, was a professional actor and the other was a squaddy. I think the squaddy was the sniper and the actor the spotter but I might have got it the wrong way around. The story is that the squaddy "actor" got his usual pay while the professional actor was apparently paid a small fortune for his services to the MOD in the film.

Is this the one you are talking about?

The Snipers(1/3) - YouTube

Ah fond memories. One of the first films we were shown in training and that was in '83.
Bedford RLs and Pre-DPM days, smell the nostalgia.

great vids!
I remember seeing one of a similar ilk and vintage, but can't remember its name. It basically followed the fortunes of 2 infantry bods in a 2 man firetrench in germany, and went through the various elements of what they would send in and what we'd do about it.
I specifically remember a wombat on a landrover, and the soviet 'vanguard'.
It ends with one bloke dead in the bottom of the trench and his oppo watching a large part of the 3rd shock army dismounting and advancing his way, with the narrator saying something like ' now its up to you and your individual skills'.
I wat to call it 'survive to fight' but I don't remember it having a lot of NBC content.
Any ideas?

I seem to remember a flick about "The Reserved Demolition". The cast was a mixture of squaddies and actors. The high point (or low, depending on one's viewpoint) was the guy detailed to check the connections lisping something like: "I'll go, Thergeant!" and literally mincing off into the darkness. Priceless!