Individual Carbon Footprints Anyone ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dogs_bollox, Nov 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Only affect those with an extravagant lifestyle like Bankers!!!!!! I might be poor but i can still be somewhat extravagant. Treated meself to an extra Bhaji the other night! And i have been known to go a little nuts with the bath salts on occasion.

If we fire up the bus.... who's footprint allowance is it going on? 8O
  2. So if you live in a rural community with no public transport, (Village for those of you who haven't mastered media speak.) and you have to travel a long way to work. You will not be allowed to turn on your house lights or heating when you get home, or even cook a meal because you have used all your carbon credits travelling to and from work.
    I am willing to bet that whichever eco- weirdo thought this up lives in London, has good public transport and does not have to travel far to work / unemployment office.
    If they really want to save the planet, promote birth control FFS.

I don't care about my carbon footprint as I don't have carbon feet.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I think that's a cool idea. Use too much carbon and you get taxed. Remember the fun and japery last year on this forum ha ha ha, ho ho, when we said you'd be taxed for breathing next . . . . .

. . . . . honestly, I'm fcuking splitting my sides.

Can I buy carbon offset tickets? Can I speak to the chavett next door and buy her baby's carbon allowance? Will politicians be granted tax-payer funded individual carbon offsets' like they get tax-payer funded tax breaks?

The window tax was one of these incredibly stupid tax rip-offs, and that has been followed in our day with an increase in council tax if you have a nice view.

There was the 'area' tax of old too, which led to very tall buildings with small footprints.

To put it simply, it's yet another tax, for no other purpose than to get money off people. It will reduce nothing, but pour money into the ever-greedier scum that demand to govern our very existance from before we are born until way after we are dead.
  4. Ah well, it'll give a massive boost to the trading of stolen fuels and red diesel sales.
    Apart from that its only purpose is to raise tax incomes.

Manmade climate change is a fooking lie. Its astonishing how many people are mug enough to be hoodwinked by it.
    Carbon footprints? fook em.
  5. While we're at it, we may as well combine these with national ID cards... And why not make their use compulsory when buying anything? That way, we could ensure obese people don't put extra strain on the NHS by purchasing food that's bad for them. We can sell it to the public as anti-terror legislation, to stop them for buying fertiliser in bulk...

Just because the technology is available to do these things doesn't mean we should. I can't wait to see what the UK looks like in 20 years :roll:
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I think I'm going to... you know what I'm not sure what the fuck I'm going to do. Am I going to get on the Bus? or just sit here and think hear we go again/ Maybe that's the aim of these communists in power to brow beat us all with so much crap legislation that in the end we just give up and fold.

Still on the brights side fat fuckers will use up their carbon allowance quicker :D
  7. I hate to point this out to you but you are made of carbon (among other trace elements and water) so you do have carbon feet :)

Got to go with the rural aspect on this if I drive to work it takes 40 mins if I cycle it takes an 1hr (approx) if I go by train it takes 2 hours and I would hate to think how long it would take by bus (I live 21 mile away from work).

The wife uses the bus to get to work and if she misses that then she has to wait 2 hours for the next one. Plus we are not saving the planet they are trying to save humanity the 2 are not the same, the world will keep on spinning when we have all died out anyway.
  8. The next one is the “Door Tax”. Every house will be fitted with and impenetrable and immovable Door Meter. Every time that you open the door, a bar code reader will scan your personal your neck embellished bar code and will send a signal to the Local Stasi HQ. They will then deduct £1 from your next issue of State Food Coupons.
  9. What are you gonna do? The same as most of us, just crack on quietly muttering about having a few more quid stolen out of your pocket in the name of the planet.
    Or start sneaking around farmyards at night helping yourself to red diesel :D

On a more serious note, how do we change any of this crap? I'm fed up of being robbed by government on the flimsiest of excuses. How do we stop the cnuts?
  10. I have a daily commute of 60 miles, not because I want too, no, because I HAVE too. (Two buses in the morning, one at night)

I have already traded in my "gas guzzling" :roll: 4x4 (which I really do need in the winter) because I was being taxed off the road, so what will I have to do now?

I think its labours way of sorting folk out of the countryside and out of the country, thus reducing the population.

I already pay god knows what in council tax..and for what..bins emptied every 2 weeks. No street lighting, no road gritting in the winter (I live 2 miles off a main road), no snow ploughing, no street cleaners..f*ck em!
  11. Short of revolution, I can't see how. It seems all the parties have bought into this so it will only get worse.
  12. The easiest way to cut worldwide carbon emissions is increased use of nuclear energy. Anything else is tinkering.

Added to which, even if the UK cut its carbon emissions by 100% the impact on the world's environment would be trivial.

This is, pure and simple, another tax - nothing green about it.
  13. If they made carbon tax credits transferable, it would make it even more profitable to slaughter all the unemployed chav scum and nick their credits so that I would be able to buy fuel to get to work and earn enough to pay my tax bill. (Possibly with enough money left over to invest in some more ammo.)
  14. Just thought..does this go for serving troops on deployment? I am pretty sure tha footprint of the average Tankie/Pilot/Sailor is horrendous!!! :wink: