Indians find treasure worth $500m

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by re-stilly, Jul 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the betting NONE of the money from this will find its way to the poor of India, and it is also another reason to cut off aid.

Linky Bit

2. Oh yeah, because every time there's a find of treasure in the UK it's sold and the cash handed out to the disadvantaged?

3. Britain isn't sponging billions of aid from India though.

4. time to re-establish the east india company me thinks

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Ah, but it's heritage... can't be sold. D'ye see?

[Lights touchpaper and retires...]

Perhaps we could try and sell Greece the Elgin Marbles back. :-D

6. They reportedly hid this treasure from the British. Personally I am appalled at their lack of trust in us, these things would have been perfectly safe in the British Museum.

7. I think we should invade and rectify this situation!

8. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Looks as if there might be a legal battel to who actually owns it!

9. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, that's got 'success' written all over it... ;-)

10. Yeah, that'd be right. I wonder how we'd fare against their 41 battalions of Gurkhas, let alone the rest of their forces.

11. Interesting that the Bubbles have stopped pestering us lately about the Elgin booty....

12. He's away playing with his marbles.

13. It will be successful as long as the yanks aren't involved.

14. He wanted £60,000 for them and the government bought them for £30,000. Bargain! We could flog them back to the Bubbles for, say, £500m (they are beyond price) and, hey presto, the Greeks could pay off at least the interest on their debt. The Greeks could borrow the money for the purchase off our friends at RBS. Er. Hang on.....

As for the Indians, the loots will be spent on back handers, defence procurement and some dosh towards the Luitjens buildings that we provided for them.

15. "It also ordered the trust to hand over responsibility for the temple's security to the police."

Treasure? What treasure? We found only empty vaults such as Al Capone's sealed vault in Chicago.