Indiana Jones

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by supermark500, May 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I went to a preview of this last night. Without wanting to give away any of the plot all I'll say is that it has got an 'interesting' ending. If you're going to go and see it go in without expecting too much and you'll like it. It's pretty enjoyable. Too much CGI for my liking though.
  2. From what I hear, it's nothing in comparision to the previous films....
  3. always going to be a problem with comparisons to the earlier movies. The formula has been ripped off so often that its hard to get the WOW factor and the older movies were so good that even to equal them would be hard.

One thing though ... when temple of doom came out it got a bit of a roasting as no where near as good as raiders ... so might be best to take a look before believing any reptile's opinion.
  4. It's received mixed reviews so far but so did the originals.

I'm refusing to read any more reviews, they're packed with spoilers.

I mean, I don't want to know about giant ants and quicksand!
  5. Couldn't give a monkeys what the critics say - i'm going to see it and thats final!
  6. Off to see it this weekend. I don't give a stuff what critics say, it'd be pretty hard to ruin the Indy formula. So long as it has explosions, confusion, a clearly identifiable bad guy and a few quips about 'making it up as I go', I'll be happy.

Anyway, I quite enjoyed Temple of Doom.
  7. We will talk Frauelien.
  8. FATHERLESS!!!!!
  9. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

You said it has an intersting ending, is it one of these films where you have to stay until after the credits, like Iron Man and Pirates of the Caribbean?
  10. No, nothing like that. Without giving anything away the last 15/20 minutes was just, odd. Not what I (or any of the people I was with) expected. Once you've seen it I'll let you decide whether the ending is good or not.
  11. It will be a pleasant enough romp; let's face it who goes to these flicks hoping to deepen their connection with the hidden dilemma that lies within the archaeologist or is it the action man? Exactly...
  12. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Dont suppose he is chased down a ditch by a wheezing ashmatic with a S&M fetish before being saved by a farmboy and his large pet gerbil? yelling YAHOOO as they come swooping in?
  13. I'm giving nothing away :wink:
  14. I thought they were only going to use cgi for backgrounds and do everything else old school. . . . b-astards.