Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indian tele- scammers

I often get these....... they know my full name, address, post code, they claim to be about to send me a refund of bank charges.

I usually fuck them off pretty quick, but have any of you played along with them?

The first question is date of birth, what's the rest of their script, can you give them a load of lies to waste their time?

Are they ultimately after your bank details to siphon your account?

Bank employees in Call Centres in Hydrabad etc who are on the take and sell personal data by the bucket load . . Corruption is a way of Life over there and wages are piss poor compared to those in UK . The banks know about it but they don't wash their mucky linen in public . .

I usually play them along for a while and then ask them if their Mum has stopped doing filthy things with donkeys. Bunch of mummies boys, they nearly always go ballistic.

A new twist today was a Geordie telemarketing team asking if I had hearing loss due to work. (yes I know likely not a scam just a cold call). And yes I have significent hearing loss mostly due to a scuba dive accident but I have registered hearing loss before that with the RAF - ages ago.

so....

good after noon sir - do you think you have suffered hearing loss due to work?

YES (say I) - 13 BLOODY YEARS WORKING WITH JETS N STUFF IN THE RAF! DISCO DIDN'T HELP! RAF OLD BOY! RAF YOU SEE.... COLD WAR! LOTS OF NOISE. (dates given).

now, yanto... couldn't deal with me himself, so after passing me to a senior manager type, I was asked what "company" I worked for that I felt caused my hearing loss?????

RAF.... !!!!!

how do you spell that QAF?

NO.....R......A......F....... ROYAL AIR FORCE........

and what factory was that at.....

IT WASN'T A FACTORY! - IT WAS THE MILITARY!

when was that?

(DATES GIVEN AGAIN)

Was that...? (date minus one year)

NO.....(dates given again)

Right .... sir..... have you ever served in the military? - you know the Army or such like.

YES RAF.....!!!!!!!!!!!

When was that?

GAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! -PLEASE COME AWAY FROM YOUR SCRIPT

and what factory did you work at?

this went on and fucking on and on like this always coming back to what factory caused my hearing loss or was I in the military. Even Mrs OBIB was looking and asking what mong I had attracted "this time".

So after 3 times round the same subject - I lost it. twat was never going to get the idea or get away from his script.

OH FFS - THIS IS STUPID!

BYE BYE!

I often get these....... they know my full name, address, post code, they claim to be about to send me a refund of bank charges.

I usually **** them off pretty quick, but have any of you played along with them?

The first question is date of birth, what's the rest of their script, can you give them a load of lies to waste their time?

If you this nasty little streak in you you should spend some time on http://www.419eater.com/

Great fun to be had playing the 419 scammers at their own games. Their 'trophy room' and the tales of how they came about some of these trophy's are a joy to behold.

I gave it a go a few years back for some Months when I was between jobs. Keeps the mind active.

I actually used to send them money by Western Union... See the form attached....

wureceipt.jpg

I usually **** them off pretty quick, but have any of you played along with them?

I get the Indian computer scammers, follow their script until they ask for my password,

Give it to them as ( man or woman change it) India , alpha, mike, alpha, Sierra, tango,uniform papa, India,delta, Charlie, uniform,November tango. Alpha , November,delta, Sierra,tango,uniform, papa, India,delta, tango,oscar, tango ,echo, Lima,Lima , Yankee,oscar , uniform , tango hotel ,alpha, tango, alpha,Sierra,wilco,echo,Lima,Lima.

Now read that back to me :).

Even got a few call back from them crying that I was a nasty man.

Trooped_Again

War Hero
"**** off Gupta"

It upsets them and they get cross but **** em - they called me

Ask them why a Dalit Ghandu is calling, you want an upper caste real man to call!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I'm quite polite and pretend there is a delay on the line and answer when they start talking again. fun when your putting off a proper piece of work.

snip
NO.....(dates given again)

Right .... sir..... have you ever served in the military? - you know the Army or such like.

YES RAF.....!!!!!!!!!!!

Snip
BYE BYE!
So, even that thick muppet knew the RAF isn't military!

I get the Indian computer scammers, follow their script until they ask for my password,

Give it to them as ( man or woman change it) India , alpha, mike, alpha, Sierra, tango,uniform papa, India,delta, Charlie, uniform,November tango. Alpha , November,delta, Sierra,tango,uniform, papa, India,delta, tango,oscar, tango ,echo, Lima,Lima , Yankee,oscar , uniform , tango hotel ,alpha, tango, alpha,Sierra,wilco,echo,Lima,Lima.

Now read that back to me :).

Even got a few call back from them crying that I was a nasty man.
And you still managed to a spelling mistake in that! 'I am a stupid C*nt. And Stupid totelly out hat as well'?Gleaming!!

A
good after noon sir - do you think you have suffered hearing loss due to work?

YES (say I) - 13 BLOODY YEARS WORKING WITH JETS N STUFF IN THE RAF! DISCO DIDN'T HELP! RAF OLD BOY! RAF YOU SEE.... COLD WAR! LOTS OF NOISE. (dates given).

now, yanto... couldn't deal with me himself, so after passing me to a senior manager type, I was asked what "company" I worked for that I felt caused my hearing loss?????

RAF.... !!!!!

right .... sir..... have you ever served in the military? - you know the Army or such like.

YES RAF.....!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

Must resist

Edit to add oh others didnt

No no, you got it all wrong. You say, "Listen, mate. I've got to go out. Can you call me on my mobile and we'll continue this conversation outside?"

Then give them this number: 07090203840.

It will cost em £50 per minute. If they call your mobile, then say your battery is low, and "if it cuts out, please call my other mobile."

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I am getting fed up with them
so I have a script sorted out ready
for the ones wanting to do loans and insulation, I tell them I live in a 15 Century moated castle
then the ones wanting PPI I explain that I do not deal with banks as I am Plymouth Brethren
for the idiot ringing up today who wanted to help me with the car accident I had two years ago ( thanks Churchil you bunch of idiots ) I calmly explained that yes I was badly injured in a car accident I collided with a taxicab a Unic owned by the london and general omnibus company ( they love big sounding names) and I was driving my Ex mussolini Lancia
for sure when the paperwork comes through I will know who they are, each time I change the cars ( always rare and unusual models)
some times I do the goon show on them and use the silly voice, eccles
last week a young lady from Manchester rang up wanting to sell me those silly things that go on the roof to save money ??? 15K for them unknown lifespan and how much electricity does 15K buy at my age ??
I told her I have a thatched roof
when they try to do financial stuff, I know they have basic info but they add to it if you answer the questions and re sell it on
so I add 40 years to my age, tell them I bank overseas, rent the house, have no family, no television, no mobile phone etc

last year I was in a lift in a luxury block of flats, the phone rings and this bird from india tries to sell me insulation ??? now I learnt from that and often answer the phone sounding surprised telling them its a lift, a public call box, the London School of tropical Medicine, the centre of the known universe, the vesuvius cafe or if I am feeling really naughty the BNP membership office

Last edited:

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I have had a few ambulance chasers calling, one Indian lady called asking how I was after my recent accident, I didn't have one but decided to play along, I said that I still had bad headaches and could barely move my neck, she was obviously adding this all to her computer to pass on, she asked if I had breathing problems, I said yes that I was short of breath as I was talking to her, she asked if it could be from my accident, no said I, my wife is giving me a bj and I'm about to shoot my load. Oh was the reply then the line went dead. Never called me back either.
My son took a call from some Asian chap claiming to be from windows, the guy said we had a virus and offered to talk him through it to clear it. My son went along with him for about twenty mins when the guy asked if he had a certain page on his laptop, my son said no, the chap said that's strange it should work, I know said my son, the problem is we don't have a computer in this house. Rapid swearing in a strange Indian voice followed.
These guys claim to be from windows and will talk you into getting control of your computer, they then offer to release it back for a fee. Cnuts the lot of em