Indian rocket explodes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Majorpain, Dec 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bang (literally) goes this years British foreign aid to India.

2. Don't buy a Landrover is the moral of the story.

3. The ***** should stick making curry.......

4. This is the 3rd failure out of 7 launches for the GSLV (they are doing almost as badly as the Russians with the Bulava SLBM)

Probably should get some of the lads from Ariane around to sort it out.

5. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who are going to be their first astronauts in 2016.....Indian rocketry is not up to even Chinese standards, never mind ours or the Yanks.

6. Funny that. My arse explodes after having an indian!

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

So you are in 3 PARA Mortars!!!;-P

8. He said explodes, not implodes...

9. No, but I'm a well known associate. :)

10. I reakon those clever Indian rocket scientists have just re-invented the Bangalore Torpedo. :wink:

11. If they have the cash to blow on big fireworks it's about time to stop the aid payments me thinks... Sadly an unlikely prospect. If anything they are more likely to put the payments up even though we can't afford it!

Of course, it might be more acceptable if said 'aid' was to somehow turn around and come back in house (UK) headed towards some UK companies that develop and export rockets/satellites that actually work... (The cash would have to come with some decent top ups from the locals of course).

12. Oh! dear! What a pity? Never mind.

I don't suppose it took some 'House of Lords' candidates with it?

13. Considering the technological shift in the direction of the subcontinent, a satellite programme is understandable. Why India doesnt just pay for time on someone elses satellite is a little unclear. Perhaps rumours of Operation Ringsting are true, the linking of Tandoori restaurants globally so that the subcontinent can lead everyone everywhere to being incontinent, and then take over the world......

14. They'll have to go back to using the old standby "The Indian Rope trick" :)