Indian Hunger Strike

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Herrumph, Aug 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Indian Government have agreed to let an 74 year old anti-corruption protester go on hunger strike in a public park for no more tha 15 days.

In which case, isn't it more of a protest diet?
  2. Strange place for a hunger protest, still, whatever floats his boat.
  3. He obviously bribed them..........
  4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Thought the whole f India was starving anyway (exept the billionaires, space scientists and nuclear scientists)
    Isn't that why were sending billions of pounds in aid every year?
  5. I travel India quite a lot on business. In Outer Predesh in 2008 27 farmers commited suicide because they couldn't raise the bribe to pay for the government grants to which they were entitled. In Moradabad last week there was a seven day curfew to stop the rioting between Hindus and Moslems: Dynamic India! FFS! No wonder Tommy Atkins used to smack them about the head with rifle butts!
  6. That would explain all that rag wrapped round their heads then.
  7. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

It appears the Indian government wanted to stop him going on hunger strike to highlight corruption in the government.

Indian activist to launch public fast as government relents | Reuters

I work for a multinational with offices in India. Been chatting on line to a guy I know down there. He's expecting a lot of political turmoil in the coming weeks.

8. Another Ghandi walt.
    • Like Like x 2