Indian Army

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Whiskybreath, Jan 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice to see an Army with what appears to be some pride in itself: the Indians. From the Telegraph (hope they don't mind...)

[​IMG]

Real moustaches. Oh yes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dennisons? Ah, nostalgia...

[​IMG]

Ghurkas?

[​IMG]

Get 'em up, there.

2. Rayc's a former Indian Army officer who could possibly post more about what the Indians are up to nowadays? He last posted here in June 08.

3. Here's hoping :D

4. Fabulous pictures - and great screen wallpaper too.

5. Nice to see our aid to India is not totally wasted.

6. Is it me,or are there some fairly pale faces in those pictures? Perhaps down to squadies/civil servants sewing their wild oats? ;)

7. Probably because there are a lot of seriously pale Indians, particularly up north where you've had Greeks, Mongols, various "Indo-Europeans" and camel-toting traders sowing their wild oats for the last 6-8000 odd years.

8. "Very pretty...but can they fight?"

Name the film?

Last picture, third rank, girl on the end seems to be enjoying herself.

9. The Dirty Dozen.

10. I think the Anglo-Indians from the days of the British Raj* are probably not too numerous. They were at one stage, I think, more likely to be in the middle classes and so, perhaps, officer material. I could be talking total billhooks of course.

*I have various pictures of my great grandfather doing his bit in thinning out the tiger population in the 1890s & early 1900s. I don't think I have any "extra" great uncles or aunts :D

11. Very impressive and they don't mind standing around in minus 50 at 21,000 ft to create a video like this !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbZzcyD5abw

PS. All_I_Want
    The UK aid package you are thinking about, works out at £800 million over 4 years, thats £200 million per year.
    UK trade exports to India are between £3.9-£4.5 BILLION per year.
    I suppose the aid pays for itself, what thinks you ??

12. My old dad served in India from 1924 to 1932, but he was far too straight laced to have left any "blow byes" behind. :D

13. My Dad was out there in WW2, before moving to Burma, said they can fight very well indeed. Pity Rayc Stopped posting he was good to talk to.

14. I see the first pic was taken on rememberance day when they are wearing giant poppies, as for the rest did the QM buy the headress from the Disney parades ?