Indian Army Oficer's Saucy Stunt

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mullet_Hunter, Nov 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Skynews.co.uk

KETCHUP COVER-UP

An Indian army officer splashed tomato sauce on civilians to make them look like dead separatist rebels so he could impress superiors and earn a medal.

Colonel H S Kohli took photos of people covered in ketchup who then posed as corpses.

He then passed them on to his senior officers as proof of the separatist killings in the revolt-hit state of Assam.

An army spokesman said: "The colonel tried to use the photographs to back his claim for a gallantry award and was subsequently tried and found guilty in a court martial.

"The colonel lost his job while a senior major who connived with him was suspended for nine years."

The fraud was uncovered when records were checked and revealed that no deaths ever occurred.

The colonel's dismissal - dubbed the "saucy scandal" by local papers - is the latest incident to shake the Indian army.

Last May India's Defence Ministry said Indian troops staged fake battles on the world's highest battleground on the Siachen glacier and made false claims about killing Pakistani soldiers in a bid to win medals.

Officers....tssk :roll:

2. I'm taking notes, I quite fancy myself with a chestfull of gongs. :lol:

3. Was Piers the Moron the reporter that scooped the story? :lol: :lol:

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Wrong word there I think Ozger, reporter suggests to most people that some fact is being reported.

Think of a word that would go some way to describing the slimy, egotistical, scumbag liar.

'Journalist' perhaps ?

5. The incident occurred some months ago and apparently was not an isolated one. I believe the 'Ketchup Colonel' commanded a Gorkha battalion though I'm not sure from which regiment.

6. The HP's?

:roll:

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

No Beebs, it was the 57th......

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Who's the Daddies?

9. Damn! Walked right into that .

10. Rayc

Rayc RIP

The Officer has been Court Martialled.

The officer was from Gorkhas.

11. Six years later?

12. Didn't a Gunner Officer do something similar in Afghanistan a couple of years ago?

13. Rayc

Rayc RIP

No, it was immediate.

As someone wrote, its all about having gongs on the breast and that also totes up points for promotion.

With insurgencies on and also activity on the Line of Control, such skunks try to give the system a slip.

14. Irony isn't your strong suit is it?