India struggles to attract foreign tourists.

I'm surprised. It's almost as if foreign tourists don't want to catch cholera and be gang raped, or something.

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28796280

Can't say as I'm surprised. Despite avoiding ice in my drinks, street/railway platform food vendors, fruit, salad et al, still hospitalised because my 'delicate constitution' didn't cope too well with the nasty local bugs I encountered in bottled water and cooked hotel food :(

I knew a bloke who was a production manager on a film shoot in India - he was the only one of 80-odd people who didn't get Delhi Belly.

The unit doctor said because he drank 2 bottles of vodka a day no bugs could survive in his system - so there's your answer.

The Indian tourist board should start pushing the country as the new Thailand but for women.

"Come to India, the female free sex capital of the World.......so great you'll only need a one way ticket"

Due to the satellite my employers thoughtfully provide for TV i watch a lot of Indian TV. The adverts show you that the country relies on Mobile phone apps, crap Honda cars and laughable motorbikes with "sport LED lights" and "high performance engines"....it was air-cooled!! My favourite advert at the moment (there are not many to choose from) is "Touch the Pickle"......i had to Google it as it was in Hindu but its India's way of breaking down the stigma of womens periods!!!! Yes, the nights are long here!!!!

Not to mention the horrendous body odours emitting from the local inhabitants, almost gagged up when in the Q at the railway station.

Food poisoning, dysentery, cholera and gang rape amid cities resembling open toilets.

On to a winner there with the tourist campaign.

Due to the satellite my employers thoughtfully provide for TV i watch a lot of Indian TV. The adverts show you that the country relies on Mobile phone apps, crap Honda cars and laughable motorbikes with "sport LED lights" and "high performance engines"....it was air-cooled!! My favourite advert at the moment (there are not many to choose from) is "Touch the Pickle"......i had to Google it as it was in Hindu but its India's way of breaking down the stigma of womens periods!!!! Yes, the nights are long here!!!!

All of a sudden I want Indian TV. I don't speak Hindu but who needs to. It sounds brilliant.

I'll ask the missus tonight if she is into 'touching the pickle'. Mwuahahaha.

... on the other hand, TfL runs a transport system which truly is the envy of the world. :-D

Always a hidden gem among mountains of spoil and filth I suppose ;p

Does every train and bus ride come with 'in journey entertainment shared between groups if several passengers? Aka- the stewardess or nearby students?

I can't understand it, what with low level warfare on two borders, mass terrorist attacks, the worlds most dangerous roads, rape, touchy gropey people everywhere, women treated like shit, compulsory food poisoning, corrupt officials, water shortage despite monsoon weather, rivers full of rubbish, corpses instead of water lilies, thieves, hospital waste, animal and human faeces everywhere......I mean they've really got their tourist shit together now haven't they?

I can't understand it, what with low level warfare on two borders, mass terrorist attacks, the worlds most dangerous roads, rape, touchy gropey people everywhere, women treated like shit, compulsory food poisoning, corrupt officials, water shortage despite monsoon weather, rivers full of rubbish, corpses instead of water lilies, thieves, hospital waste and shit everywhere......I mean they've really got their tourist shit together now haven't they?

I always thought India would be best using some of Ravers sailor memoirs as a brilliant but of advertising blurb for the nation.

S0I

LE
I can't understand it, what with low level warfare on two borders, mass terrorist attacks, the worlds most dangerous roads, rape, touchy gropey people everywhere, women treated like shit, compulsory food poisoning, corrupt officials, water shortage despite monsoon weather, rivers full of rubbish, corpses instead of water lilies, thieves, hospital waste, animal and human faeces everywhere......I mean they've really got their tourist shit together now haven't they?

So it's just like Bradford then?

Latest Threads