India shoots down a live satellite.

No, it's actually a proxy for productivity. You appear to confuse measures of economic throughput with wealth. They are entirely different.

India is an utterly dire place. I have been many times. Indeed, so untrustworthy are its businesspeople that I closed the bank office there.

India has a domestic racism like no other nation, via the caste system. It suffers from general illiteracy, unemployment, unsustainable population growth, widespread child abuse, widespread child labour, violence against women on an industrial scale, rampant corruption, violence...........and that's just the nicer areas.

It is by far the largest shit-hole outside Africa.
Rather worryingly myself and a long time business associate are looking to buy an aircraft related Buisness here. Part of its supply chain originates in India. We are doing due dilligance at the moment part of which is verifying continuity of supply chain. Rather disconcerting,the ceo of the Indian end has just been declining to pick up the telephone when the vendor here rings him.
I suppose this may be symptomatic of the thrusting professional Buisness style Earth keeps crowing about.

Rather worryingly myself and a long time business associate are looking to buy an aircraft related Buisness here. Part of its supply chain originates in India. We are doing due dilligance at the moment part of which is verifying continuity of supply chain. Rather disconcerting,the ceo of the Indian end has just been declining to pick up the telephone when the vendor here rings him.
I suppose this may be symptomatic of the thrusting professional Buisness style Earth keeps crowing about.

Frankly, I'd jog on to something more predictable. Indian businessmen will sell their grandmother for a penny. You may have been negotiating for months, but if somebody comes in a penny cheaper at the 11th hour.......well, you know the rest. It is an extremely corrupt place, where normal protocols for doing business simply don't exist. Dealing with India, you will have many, many sleepless nights.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
I like @earth , reading his posts is hilarious, it's a lot like poking the nutters with a sharp stick through the bars of the cells at Bethlem looney bin in the good old days.

Yep, just to prove they could.

Feeding starving people, proper sanitation, law enforcement and the like can wait. The real issue is proving to their far superior neighbors that they aren't street shitting, rapey cavemen.

Which obviously, they are.

MB

I was just checking. Didn't their last space mission ended up in a lake or something?

I was just checking. Didn't their last space mission ended up in a lake or something?

And I think over the years they've put more satellites launched from Sriharikota into the Bay of Bengal than into orbit.

Last edited:
FFS has the resident extruder of turds sufaced from the cesspit?
obviously just came out of hibernation.

PFGEN

GCM

Well at least your due diligence should have provided enough warning as to what you might be getting into. In the past I had to investigate a couple of businesses in that overheated cesspit. On return, watching facial expressions as I laid out the collected evidence was a joy to behold. Your best strategy would be to find a way to eliminate that part of the supply chain and go with one of your own choosing. These toilet dodgers give the term lying a new meaning and would give the arabs a run for their money.

Last edited:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
1554158553817.png

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
"India downplayed the risk of debris after its missile launch, with its top scientists saying last week that it expects the debris to burn out in less than 45 days."

A theory postulated by Scientists from a country that can't manage the basics of a functional sanitation system.
Seems plausible to me.
This seems like a good time for the US and other equipped nations* to knock down anything heading for space from India.
* ie. not the UK.

I see @earth is sticking to his usual MO. He makes these big sweeping announcements, then crawls back into his (shit smeared) hovel when people point out the utter stupidity of his countrymen's actions.

This is the problem when people get a "digri" from a 4th rate Mickey Mouse university, they think they are smarter than they actually are.

The outcome from this latest waste of money was patently obvious to anyone with even a modicum of intelligence

Take a tip from me, sort out your sanitation and law enforcement, so kids aren't getting raped in the shit covered streets on a regular basis before trying to be a scientific powerhouse.

MB

Last edited:
"India downplayed the risk of debris after its missile launch, with its top scientists saying last week that it expects the debris to burn out in less than 45 days."

Somewhat more plausible.

'The head of NASA this week branded India’s destruction of the satellite as a “terrible thing” that has created 400 pieces of orbital debris and led to new dangers for astronauts aboard the International Space Station. Jim Bridenstine was addressing employees of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration five days after the Indian missile launch. It resulted in hundreds of bits of metal debris being put into orbit, and the US space agency is tracking some of the larger pieces it is worried about. “What we are tracking right now, objects big enough to track — we’re talking about 10 centimetres or bigger — about 60 pieces have been tracked,” Mr Bridenstine said.

'The Indian satellite was destroyed at a relatively low altitude of about 300 kilometres, well below the ISS and most satellites in orbit. But 24 of the pieces “are going above the apogee of the International Space Station”, Mr Bridenstine said.

' “That is a terrible, terrible thing to create an event that sends debris at an apogee that goes above the International Space Station,” he continued, adding: “That kind of activity is not compatible with the future of human spaceflight.” In a statement following the military exercise, the Indian government said it carried out the mission in the lower atmosphere “to ensure that there is no space debris.”

'The statement said if the test created debris, it would “decay and fall back onto the earth within weeks.” As a result of the Indian test, the risk of debris colliding with the ISS has increased by 44 per cent over 10 days, according to NASA calculations. But the risk will dissipate over time as much of the debris will burn up as it enters the atmosphere.'

India receives backlash after shooting down satellite to enter space ‘super league’

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Latest Threads