India - Puts on a good parade.

Morning @Bus Pass 01,
For the 1st time they haven't playing 'Abide with me'(Mr. Gandhi's favourite), and replaced ut with a locally written song.
That locally written song you mention is called 'Aye Mere Watan Ke Logon'

Which I believe is Geordie for 'I am wanting to log on' or something. Perhaps a native Geordie speaker will be able to put me right on this matter.

Apart from, maybe, the theatricals at the border crossings, the Indian services put on a good parade, especially for parades within the cantonments which are presumably free of political interference.
I always like videos of people being very good at what they do and their passing out parades, drill competitions and so on don't disappoint. The settings are usually immaculate too, a world away from the other side of the main gate.
Additionally, I like to watch parades from around the world especially to spot where the influence has come from, be it British, American, Russian or Chinese. India seems more British than the British.

Nice to see that they have seen fit to plough their own furrow. Perhaps we can get with the zeitgeist and finally withdraw the foreign aid and subsidies we have been paying them.

Even Norway has seen the light and now sends us the shittest Christmas tree this side of a Santa's World run by pikeys.

Nice to see that they have seen fit to plough their own furrow. Perhaps we can get with the zeitgeist and finally withdraw the foreign aid and subsidies we have been paying them.

Even Norway has seen the light and now sends us the shittest Christmas tree this side of a Santa's World run by pikeys.

Morning @Provost,
This from from the 'Daily Wail'.
Screenshot_20220130-165039_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Why the fck is Blighty sending aid to China as well?

Seen as 'Colonial' or has Ghandi become irrelevant to modern India?
Maybe a tad unfashionable due to that which he wrote about his African brethren - though it remains totally in tune with the core beliefs of high caste Indians today.

Three brothers discussed hymns for our mother's funeral. I pushed and got Abide With Me.

Now, even thinking about Abide With Me gets the room dusty. Like now.

This video popped into my YouTube feed. Very impressive spectacle with some contingents parading with the SMLE (Edit: it looks like the Ishapore in fact). It is a bit blurry for the first few seconds and then sharpens up.

Last edited:

Issi

LE
Very impressive.
I’d like to think that there are a bunch of middle aged Indian veterans on IAARSE, watching reruns of Trooping the Colour.

Last edited:
This video popped into my YouTube feed. Very impressive spectacle with some contingents parading with the SMLE (or the Ishapore - it could be the latter). It is a bit blurry for the first few seconds and then sharpens up.

SMLE for parade only or still operational weapon? fit looking female Officers but no OR's?

SMLE for parade only or still operational weapon? fit looking female Officers but no OR's?

Wiki says it is a parade weapon for the Indian Army, but still used by the Indian Police forces. I used 'SMLE' in error - I think the weapons shown in the parade are the 7.62mm Ishapore 2A1 rifle.
There are some female units at the end but they are cadets and of uncertain age so no comment re. their fitness! :)

Wiki says it is a parade weapon for the Indian Army, but still used by the Indian Police forces. I used 'SMLE' in error - I think the weapons shown in the parade are the 7.62mm Ishapore 2A1 rifle.
First contingent looks like SMLE not -

Must be difficult to keep up that arm swinging for long?

Latest Threads