India needs to prepare for war with China and Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said im unaware they were fleeing from something hostile to them in the UK
They weren't being permitted to live their religious lives the way they wanted e.g. foist it on everyone else; and the authorities were taking a dim view of their refusal to attend CofE services, as required by law (the Act of Uniformity, IIRC).

Playing Devil's Advocate, I think forcing someone to perform religious observances would probably count as persecution, then as well as now.

Fleeing to rather than from persecution is an odd one

That said im unaware they were fleeing from something hostile to them in the UK, my perception is that they left because they didnt like the way the country was being run
They were a rather nasty bunch of zealots for whom opportunities closed with the death of Cromwell ( Oliver). for the use of. They would be a match for any fundamentalist today- and the good old US of A can still detect traces of their philosophy, at times.

They weren't being permitted to live their religious lives the way they wanted e.g. foist it on everyone else; and the authorities were taking a dim view of their refusal to attend CofE services, as required by law (the Act of Uniformity, IIRC).

Playing Devil's Advocate, I think forcing someone to perform religious observances would probably count as persecution, then as well as now.
- Im inclined to agree with you

Not an area of history im overly familiar with - happy to be corrected

QRK2

LE
Fleeing to rather than from persecution is an odd one

That said im unaware they were fleeing from something hostile to them in the UK, my perception is that they left because they didnt like the way the country was being run

Should they have persisted with their 'separation' from the established church in England they would have faced further fines and then imprisonment, hence the initial move to the Netherlands and then, when that didn't work out, to the colonies.

But they arent fleeing something (except shite weather* for those hailing from the british isles) -

*Which is the basis of my theory why the UK succedded in forming colonies wheras France had nowhere near this level of sucseess.

Oh lala the country she is a beautiful place to visit - but its not Paris
versus -
Fook me it doesnt piss it down everyday - theres no fog and whats that big yellow thing in the Sky
The French had some very nice colonies in places like Canada. They were so nice in fact the British decided to beat up the French and take those colonies for themselves.

The French had some very nice colonies in places like Canada. They were so nice in fact the British decided to beat up the French and take those colonies for themselves.
You say that like its a bad thing...

They are busily savagely oppressing their own Muslim minority in the Uighurs.

Any kind of pan Islamic brotherhood normally goes down like a cup of cold sick for the Han and the Party.

Bickering, greedy, mercenary Islamic sects are so much easier to enforce bilateral, grossly one sided agreements with.

China has the world's largest army, the second largest economy, and an attitude towards opponents(everyone else)that would make a Mexican drug cartel blush. Not even Islamic terrorists are stupid enough to piss them off. Especially when the alternative is lots of lovely dosh.

Which is a damn shame, because if any country in the world deserves a 9/11 level attack, it's the PRC.

Which is a damn shame, because if any country in the world deserves a 9/11 level attack, it's the PRC.
They've had 40-odd years of South Armagh in Xinjiang, does that count?

whilst the French sold Louisiana to the US of A . Then the latter decided they would have a slice of Canada for themselves and got handed their arse on a plate. I see the French still own part of Polynesia, but there is a twist to this, perhaps the French haven't got round to a commonwealth way of thinking

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
whilst the French sold Louisiana to the US of A . Then the latter decided they would have a slice of Canada for themselves and got handed their arse on a plate. I see the French still own part of Polynesia, but there is a twist to this, perhaps the French haven't got round to a commonwealth way of thinking
I believe the French do better. For example St. Barts, one of their Caribbean colonies, is a Departement, sending members to the Ffrench Parliament. I was told in the late 80s that this was the case for all former colonial islands.

You can get excellent French wine and cheeses in St. Barts...

I was always amused at the contrast between to two sides of St Martin which is half Dutch and half French.

It reminded me of Haiti and Dominican Republic.

One half was neat and orderly, the other side pretty shagnasty.

No prizes for guessing either of those shaggy sides.

As for India, I think they have got the message about their ‘friendly’ neighbours. Since all three have big ‘glow sticks’ any conflict could result in a pretty drastic culling of an already over populated world, leaving the remainder with a pretty toxic aftermath. If others could resist joining in that is.

Certainly take our minds off climate change and give little Greta something else to whine about

Last edited:
I believe the French do better. For example St. Barts, one of their Caribbean colonies, is a Departement, sending members to the Ffrench Parliament. I was told in the late 80s that this was the case for all former colonial islands.

You can get excellent French wine and cheeses in St. Barts...
And the source of a niggle. Because of French attitudes to British commonwealth the Brits had to ask the EU to sanction aid, whereas the French could ask the French direct. Nought like Egalitee , so long as it’s frog. I have a point of never drinking French plonk. Australian, NZ Even some English wine or Californian, but never never French.

I've always thought the Romans had a good approach to this, you could openly proclaim "I don't believe in Zeus" and the Romans would say "we don't care what you believe, today is Zeus* Day and you have to join in with the feasting and games". Or you might say "I want to worship my pagan gods still" and the Romans would say "that's fine, do what you want, but don't forget Zeus day! There's feasting and games!".

The Christians really upset the applecart in Rome because they did care what you believed, and they took a dim view of parallel religions.

* Zeus and Jupiter, same guy**
** Christian God, not the same guy

India doesn't share the idea of a rule based world where rules can be bent, broken and re- interpreted to suit the interests of powerful. India seeks a principle (human good) based world which is also why India has no ally and India itself gets broken into several pieces. The American (non indigenous) European principles change by second as per their needs. India will suffer if it takes sides and it will suffer even if it doesn't. India is a british construct and a semi-legitimate state. It has to be dissolved and established into a new native union. India needs dictatorial democracy. And if India has to ally, it should ally with China. No point getting used by aliens.

It is for their rules, they continuously supported Pakistan-Afghan based militants against India. It is for their rules when they sent 7th fleet in bay of Bengal and turned blind eye to Bengali genocide while also encouraging China to attack India. Atleast Russia and China are native built states unlike Americans spreading democracy all over the world which benefits all but the natives. Their rule based international order and our rule based international order are two different order. Vasudhaiva Kutumbkam.

We can surely do more together but our way of life is a bit different from theirs. We are inferior. We can't do sh*t together until we are equals.

They do actually and I am happy about it.

Racist whites' based rules being challenged by Beijing is positive step for a multipolar world. Maybe not for India but overall it's a good thing.

I remember how the sikkimese ran for their lives into China to escape Indian occupation and subjugation when Indians decided to inavde them. I see how they don't have right to form their government, no right to speech, no right to practise and promote their faith, culture and freedom due to Indian brutalities. I see them protesting in US, UK, EU and where not for their freedom hoping someone would listen to them unlike Tibetans, Uyghurs, Baloch etc who feel blessed to have been liberated and enjoying all sorts of freedom one can't imagine. Indian oppression of Sikkimese can only be compared with Holocaust, that maybe too much. How about Tibet. That's also too much but they are occupied, that's certain. Isn't all of India occupied? I don't India is a legal state, it belongs to you, doesn't it? Want it back?
I can't remember the last time I read such a load of verbal diarrhoea

But... I have been reliably assured by various posters that Islam is a monolithic death cult poised to swamp the Western world with waves of suicide bombing paedophiles, spilling out of their fleets of little rubber boats at Dover.
Have I been misled?
Ask the convert from islam to Christianity who had her face slashed by a knife wielding unidentified attacker at Speakers Corner on Sunday. She was wearing a Charlie Hebdo teashirt. Nobody has been arrested.
The media ignored the story - lest we join the dots.

Last edited:
Ask the convert from islam to Christianity who had her face slashed by a knife weilding unidentified attacker at Speakers Corner on Sunday. She was wearing a Charlie Hebdo teashirt. Nobody has been arrested.
The media ignored the story - lest we join the dots.
The media never ignored it. I seen it on the BBC news website. Right down the bottom of the page, but it was there.

And the source of a niggle. Because of French attitudes to British commonwealth the Brits had to ask the EU to sanction aid, whereas the French could ask the French direct. Nought like Egalitee , so long as it’s frog. I have a point of never drinking French plonk. Australian, NZ Even some English wine or Californian, but never never French.
The French treat overseas territory as part of France itself, so they just do what they want, the bit in Europe is metropolitan France I believe. Ours are quasi independent and rely on us for things such as defence and foreign diplomacy.

The media never ignored it. I seen it on the BBC news website. Right down the bottom of the page, but it was there.
It should have been the banner headline not buried in a media midden heap. Had the victim been a roper it would have dominated the news agenda

China has the world's largest army, the second largest economy, and an attitude towards opponents(everyone else)that would make a Mexican drug cartel blush. Not even Islamic terrorists are stupid enough to piss them off. Especially when the alternative is lots of lovely dosh.

And if any group deserves getting the non PC PRC to out medieval them it'd be the medieval Islamists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads