Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

India needs to prepare for war with China and Pakistan

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were a few Enfields and Martinis languishing in various armouries.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I was talking about the Indian SLR variant Ishapore 1A1
You were being obtuse and provocative.

So no change there at all.

Morning All,
Sitting in a dhaba last night about 19:00. Three TBs and one Indian guy listening to a news flash on a phone.
Very excitable presenter gabbing away 20 to the dozen, talking so fast, all I could catch was "...war...China...war...India...war...America...war...Trump...war...".
The guys went into an overdrive of excited 'discussion'. When I asked them what's going on. The jabbering reply was basically. "Xi Jinping just start war on India".
I had no intraweb so couldn't find out myself.
It took about 20 minutes for them to calm down enough for me to get the full story. i.e. "Xi Jinping says, "China ready for war with India".
While this was going, I was watching this cloud form in the distance and wondered if I missed the 'instant sunshine' bit and should I start digging a bunker.
View attachment 504099
When I found out the correct story, I told them if they ever tell me anything again to get the report correct.
Almost had me reaching for my 'Survive to fight'*. Bunch of cvnts!;)

* Not that it'd do me any good:).

Interesting cloud. Reminds me of ones that I sometimes see out over the sea. I always assumed that it happened when there was more heat and moisture in the lower atmosphere than could stay there (in fair weather) and it tried to "bubble up" like a lava lamp.

If, and given the sources it's a big if, the reporting is correct, it gives an insight into the potential casualty figures any dust-up between India and China could run to; not that either of them would notice a few hundred thousand less of their countrymen about. When was the last time the UK lost 60 KIA in a single day; Wesel?

'An American newspaper has claimed that over 60 Chinese soldiers were killed in the Galwan Valley clash with India. China’s Wolf Warrior policy plays out, but what really is troubling the nation News Week said in an article that in the June 15 clash 60 soldiers of the Chinese PLA had been killed. This comes weeks after another report said that 30 soldiers were killed in the clash, while attributing the same to US intelligence reports.'

Next week, it'll be 300 PLA soldiers killed. Then the week after that, it'll be 300 killed by each jawan.

By the end of October, they'll have marched on Beijing - inside their own heads.

If, and given the sources it's a big if, the reporting is correct, it gives an insight into the potential casualty figures any dust-up between India and China could run to; not that either of them would notice a few hundred thousand less of their countrymen about. When was the last time the UK lost 60 KIA in a single day; Wesel?

'An American newspaper has claimed that over 60 Chinese soldiers were killed in the Galwan Valley clash with India. China’s Wolf Warrior policy plays out, but what really is troubling the nation News Week said in an article that in the June 15 clash 60 soldiers of the Chinese PLA had been killed. This comes weeks after another report said that 30 soldiers were killed in the clash, while attributing the same to US intelligence reports.'

When some obscure news site in a place like India says that they read something in another more well known site but don't provide a link, it pays to check the source. This is especially the case when the Indian news site can't even spell the name of the American weekly news magazine correctly, as it's "Newsweek", not "News Week".

Google turned up the following at Newsweek.

This is a third party "opinion" column, not a something from Newsweek's own staff.
The views expressed in this article are the writer's own.

The author is Gordon G. Chang, an obscure American pundit who has made a career out of predicting the imminent collapse of China.

He is also the author of the book "The Coming Collapse of China", published in 2001.

In the book he predicted the collapse of the Chinese state by 2011 at the latest.
The end of the modern Chinese state is near. The People's Republic has five years, perhaps ten, before it falls. This book tells why.

He predicted that China would collapse by 2011, then by 2012, then by 2016. I'm not sure what his latest target date is.

In 2011 he admitted he got the date wrong, but said he was absolutely certain that China would collapse within a year as the country was overwhelmed in an Arab Spring type revolt which would bring down the Communist Party.
In the middle of 2001, I predicted in my book, The Coming Collapse of China, that the Communist Party would fall from power in a decade, in large measure because of the changes that accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) would cause. A decade has passed; the Communist Party is still in power. But don’t think I’m taking my prediction back.

(...) Not long ago, everything was going well for the mandarins in Beijing. Now, nothing is. So, yes, my prediction was wrong. Instead of 2011, the mighty Communist Party of China will fall in 2012. Bet on it.

By 2016 Chang appeared to have learned his lesson and stopped putting dates on his predictions. Here's his article in an American right wing publication in 2016 saying that China was in a crisis and faced revolution, but he was fuzzy on when this revolution was to come about.

Given his track record, I'll take Chang's accounts of anything relating to China with a very large grain of salt. He starts with a desired conclusion and uses wishes and hopes as a substitute for facts to get to his preordained result.

I'm inclined to classify Oneindia.com as a nationalist propaganda site if they cite Chang as a serious source.

When some obscure news site in a place like India says that they read something in another more well known site but don't provide a link, it pays to check the source. This is especially the case when the Indian news site can't even spell the name of the American weekly news magazine correctly, as it's "Newsweek", not "News Week".

Google turned up the following at Newsweek.

This is a third party "opinion" column, not a something from Newsweek's own staff.

The author is Gordon G. Chang, an obscure American pundit who has made a career out of predicting the imminent collapse of China.

He is also the author of the book "The Coming Collapse of China", published in 2001.

In the book he predicted the collapse of the Chinese state by 2011 at the latest.

He predicted that China would collapse by 2011, then by 2012, then by 2016. I'm not sure what his latest target date is.

In 2011 he admitted he got the date wrong, but said he was absolutely certain that China would collapse within a year as the country was overwhelmed in an Arab Spring type revolt which would bring down the Communist Party.

By 2016 Chang appeared to have learned his lesson and stopped putting dates on his predictions. Here's his article in an American right wing publication in 2016 saying that China was in a crisis and faced revolution, but he was fuzzy on when this revolution was to come about.

Given his track record, I'll take Chang's accounts of anything relating to China with a very large grain of salt. He starts with a desired conclusion and uses wishes and hopes as a substitute for facts to get to his preordained result.

I'm inclined to classify Oneindia.com as a nationalist propaganda site if they cite Chang as a serious source.

This is when I realise I’m in the wrong line of work. I think I could do very well just making up random stories and being paid for it. Could do it from the comfort of me own bed as well!

Oh to be someone like Chang (or a labour politician (Abbott et al)) and ponce off people for a living!

This is when I realise I’m in the wrong line of work. I think I could do very well just making up random stories and being paid for it. Could do it from the comfort of me own bed as well!

Oh to be someone like Chang (or a labour politician (Abbott et al)) and ponce off people for a living!

Well there is the BBC.

Low level stuff, but as if the Indians didn't have enough on their plate at the moment with the standoff with China on the LAC.

'India has engaged in new clashes across its long-disputed border with Pakistan, while it remains locked in another standoff on its border with China, one that threatens to erupt into a new regional conflict in Asia.

'Early Friday, the Indian Army told Newsweek that "Pakistan initiated an unprovoked Ceasefire Violation" with attacks by mortars and other weapons at the village of Kanzalwan in the Gurez sector of Bandipora state, located along the Line of Control (LOC) that divides the two rivals in Kashmir. The official communication from India was terse. A "befitting response is being given," the military said.

'There are reports of recurring exchanges of fire in the tense region, including an earlier incident two days ago. Islamabad blamed the confrontations on New Delhi, arguing that in both cases the "Indian Army resorted to unprovoked fire in Nekrun Sector, targeting military posts and civilians alike across the Line of Control with automatic weapons, rockets and heavy mortars," a Pakistani official told Newsweek. "These unilateral provocations were responded [to] appropriately by [the] Pakistan Army," the official said. "Indian Army persistently targets civil population residing on its side of the LOC while they are busy in routine chores," the official added. "Such unprofessional and unethical acts are confounded by allegations of sponsoring terrorism across LOC."

'The Pakistani Foreign Ministry also accused India on Thursday of wounding three civilians at the village of Andrala Nar in cross-border shelling against the Hotspring and Jandrot Sectors. A senior Indian diplomat was reportedly summoned in response to that incident, which the ministry argued was intended to distract from a deteriorating humanitarian and security situation in India-administered Kashmir.'

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer

"A UK security source said Indian and British defence officials were now working closely in three areas – equipment, logistics and training. The source said a memorandum of understanding (MoU) covering military training was still in its initial stages."

Why do I get the impression that this is going to wind the foreign office up?

Low level stuff, but as if the Indians didn't have enough on their plate at the moment with the standoff with China on the LAC.

'India has engaged in new clashes across its long-disputed border with Pakistan, while it remains locked in another standoff on its border with China, one that threatens to erupt into a new regional conflict in Asia.

'Early Friday, the Indian Army told Newsweek that "Pakistan initiated an unprovoked Ceasefire Violation" with attacks by mortars and other weapons at the village of Kanzalwan in the Gurez sector of Bandipora state, located along the Line of Control (LOC) that divides the two rivals in Kashmir. The official communication from India was terse. A "befitting response is being given," the military said.

'There are reports of recurring exchanges of fire in the tense region, including an earlier incident two days ago. Islamabad blamed the confrontations on New Delhi, arguing that in both cases the "Indian Army resorted to unprovoked fire in Nekrun Sector, targeting military posts and civilians alike across the Line of Control with automatic weapons, rockets and heavy mortars," a Pakistani official told Newsweek. "These unilateral provocations were responded [to] appropriately by [the] Pakistan Army," the official said. "Indian Army persistently targets civil population residing on its side of the LOC while they are busy in routine chores," the official added. "Such unprofessional and unethical acts are confounded by allegations of sponsoring terrorism across LOC."

'The Pakistani Foreign Ministry also accused India on Thursday of wounding three civilians at the village of Andrala Nar in cross-border shelling against the Hotspring and Jandrot Sectors. A senior Indian diplomat was reportedly summoned in response to that incident, which the ministry argued was intended to distract from a deteriorating humanitarian and security situation in India-administered Kashmir.'

Those JF-17s have aprice.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
As long as we aren't paying them for anything, and they don't shove our soldiers in front of theirs, there shouldn't be a problem.
My sentiments exactly.

Latest Threads