India needs to prepare for war with China and Pakistan

According to the Guardian the "hand-to-hand combat lasted hours, on steep, jagged terrain, with iron bars, rocks and fists. Neither side carried guns. Most of the soldiers killed in the worst fighting between India and China in 60 years lost their footing or were knocked from the narrow Himalayan ridge, plunging to their
deaths."

Dwarf

LE
Whoever on the editorial team who laid out that paper needs to look up the definition of 'kerning'
Morning @MrMemory,
Of the four 'English', local 'comics' usually available here. Since clampdown started, this is 2nd 'best' and the only one available in one shop...sporadically!
Before clampdown I'd happily tab 4km up the hill to get the four, if I was lucky!
Well worth it for grammer, spelling, words and expressions(straight out of my grandfather's era and beyond), used etc. Spent many a happy few hours, pissing myself laughing. When finished with, I give them to local grocer who origamis them into different size bags for his wares and gives me discount on my fruit. Win-win!
I miss them so much.

E2a: Had to look up 'kerning' and Noooo! I wouldn't change a thing. I enjoy reading local 'comics' whenever abroad even if it is yesterday's bllx. Maybe a turning the page thing?

Last edited:
Morning @Bubbles_Barker,
My thoughts exactly. LRC.
Now the 'fell off a cliff into a river' information has appeared along with the duration and overall numbers involved it makes more sense.

I hope your grocer is not too badly affected by the loss of wrapping paper...

India have said that 20 of their soldiers were killed in fights with Chinese soldiers on the border in the Himalayas.
20 Indian soldiers killed in confrontation with China in Himalayas

The original number was 3, but an additional 17 have since died of injuries. The fights do not involve firearms, but involve stone throwing and fist fights.

The Chinese haven't said how many of their own soldiers were killed in the fights.

This is another report India China news: Indian Army officer, 2 jawans killed in 'violent face-off' with Chinese troops in Galwan Valley | India News - Times of India
snip
The violent clash between the rival troops, in which there w ere some Chinese casualties as well, took place near the Patrolling Point 14 in the Galwan Valley region
while talks were underway to defuse the face-off in the region.
The Indian and Chinese troops apparently clashed with rods and stones, much like what had happened on the north bank of Pangong Tso (Tso means lake) on May 5 and 6, which had left several soldiers on both sides injured and led to the
military buildups all along the 3,488-km long Line of Actual Control from ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.

Morning @MrMemory,
Of the four 'English', local 'comics' usually available here. Since clampdown started, this is 2nd 'best' and the only one available in one shop...sporadically!
Before clampdown I'd happily tab 4km up the hill to get the four, if I was lucky!
Well worth it for grammer, spelling, words and expressions(straight out of my grandfather's era and beyond), used etc. Spent many a happy few hours, pissing myself laughing. When finished with, I give them to local grocer who origamis them into different size bags for his wares and gives me discount on my fruit. Win-win!
I miss them so much.

E2a: Had to look up 'kerning' and Noooo! I wouldn't change a thing. I enjoy reading local 'comics' whenever abroad even if it is yesterday's bllx. Maybe a turning the page thing?
Some more for you @bedended

CbMy8YrUEAAOUy4.jpg

earth

LE
China is not smart as far as foreign diplomacy is concerned.....this skirmish over a tiny piece of land with no economic or strategic value and end up damaging trade and social relationships which has weathered decades of border hostilities.

These days in India we are witnessing mass boycott of Chinese goods as Anti China sentiments have crossed the Everest level.Many deals with Chinese companies are getting cancelled and buying Indian over Chinese has become a trend.

Picking enemies all over the world has done China no favor rather than making it the new leader of the Axis of the evil.

China is not smart as far as foreign diplomacy is concerned.....this skirmish over a tiny piece of land with no economic or strategic value and end up damaging trade and social relationships which has weathered decades of border hostilities.

These days in India we are witnessing mass boycott of Chinese goods as Anti China sentiments have crossed the Everest level.Many deals with Chinese companies are getting cancelled and buying Indian over Chinese has become a trend.

Picking enemies all over the world has done China no favor rather than making it the new leader of the Axis of the evil.
I would argue they know exactly what they've been doing and have been exceptionally smart about it so far. They wouldn't be throwing their weight about unless they were confident they could get away with it. Maybe they're trying to send you a message.

Regardless, a lot of the world is starting to wake up to the fact that China isn't exactly looking to be everyone's best mate. They might well be the leader of the new axis of evil but there doesn't seem to be much anyone is willing to do about it. It pains me to say it but the only one who's called them out and tried to take them on up until now has been Trump.

Morning @earth,
Tend to agree more with @Dafty duck.
As to "...mass boycott of Chinese goods...".
Not noticed that but surprisigly I still see Chinese goods on sale in Tibetean owned shops and from yesterday's local 'comic'.
20200619_174819.jpg

5K crore isn't that much on the scheme of things but I wonder if this deal will go South?

Fighting WW4 style pre WW3.

When it goes tits up (WW3) there's going to be the odd glass car park in that part of the world.
So that's why the Chinese are investing in the Indian automotive industry....
...I'll get me coat...

Numbers don't necessarily translate in to capability, but illustrates the size of the IAF.

'The Indian Air Force needs new fighters. It needed them pretty badly before the current conflict with China over a stretch of the Himalayas that both countries claim. Now it needs them even worse.

'On Monday, Chinese forces killed 20 Indian soldiers in a skirmish along the disputed India-China border running through the towering mountain range. Forty-three Chinese soldiers also were injured or died, according to press reports. So it should come as no surprise that India this week reportedly placed a $780 million order with Russia for 33 fighters, enough to equip or reequip two squadrons. What’s weird is which fighter types New Delhi reportedly is buying. The Indian order includes 21 MiG-29s and 12 Su-30s, according to press reports. But one aviation expert believes the Sukhois in particular are a poor fit for mountain patrols.

'The Indian Air Force reportedly long had planned to buy the extra planes to bolster the service’s existing arsenal of around 230 Su-30s and 60 MiG-29s. The air arm also plans, in coming years, to buy 83 locally-made Tejas light fighters as well as 144 foreign-made medium fighters. All the new fighters—the Sukhois, MiGs, Tejas and medium fighters—are part of an effort to grow the air force from 28 front-line squadrons to 40, the number New Delhi considers adequate to fight both Pakistan and China at the same time.'