India needs to prepare for war with China and Pakistan

most worrying situation is in the Galwan valley, where the PLA has crossed China’s own claim line (which Beijing had stated was the border with India)
The Indian government only acknowledges Beijing's pre-1962 claims, but does not recognise them.

Anything to do with having their arse handed them officially Did Not Happen.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Reading comprehension fail.

He's talking post 62.

Reading comprehension fail.

He's talking post 62.
No, he was talking about the only PRC territorial claim that the Republic of India acknowledges exists. They steadfastly refuse to acknowledge the existence of any other claim by the PRC, hence referring to the historical version as if it were the current one.

Populist 'rags' are available on both sides of the LAC - 'Yellow Journalism' v 'Brown Journalism'?

'China has directed its armed forces to “comprehensively strengthen" the training of troops and and be prepared for a war amid the Coronavirus pandemic that has seemingly impacted its national security.

'Chinese President Xi Jinping ordered the military to think about worst-case scenarios, scale up training and battle preparedness, promptly and effectively deal with all sorts of complex situations and resolutely safeguard national sovereignty, security and development interests.

'According to a Hindustan Times report that quoted Chinese state media, Chinese President Xi Jinping on Tuesday directed its armed forces to “comprehensively strengthen the training of troops and prepare for war”, “resolutely safeguard national sovereignty” and “safeguard the overall strategic stability of the country”.

'The Chinese President's directive comes at a time when its relations with India have strained after tensions along the Line of Actual Control in eastern Ladakh flared up. The war cry also comes amid rising tensions with the US, belligerent speeches by Chinese politicians in reference with Taiwan, and renewed protests in Hong Kong.'

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Rahul Gandhi stirring the pot over Chinas incursion...

Meanwhile the Chinese have been busy...

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer

Fun and games..

Literally sticks and stones though someone likely to start slotting at some point...

Fun and games..

Literally sticks and stones though someone likely to start slotting at some point...
Morning, @Flight,
Ref: 3nd pic., on the 'tweet'. Do you know of a 'Flightradar24' type app that shows military flights? The nearest airport only has 2 civvie flights per day and none since lockdown.
I have noticed(heard, North of my location), a minimal increase in aircraft traffic for about 2+ months but nothing can be seen.

E2a: Bracketed sentence...and mong spelling.

Last edited:

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
There are twitter accounts which monitor such things... Don't follow them myself though.

An auspicious date for talks; is D-Day on the way?

'Chinese troops have moved into a tense, disputed section of the Himalayan border shared by China and India, according to a high-ranking Delhi official.

'Speaking to CNN-affiliate News18, Indian Defense Minister Rajnath Singh said Tuesday a "significant number" of Chinese troops had moved to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) between the two countries.

"It is true that people of China are on the border. They claim that it is their territory. Our claim is that it is our area. There has been a disagreement over it ... India has done what it needs to do," Singh said during the interview. He added that top-level talks between the two countries would be held on June 6.'

India have said that 20 of their soldiers were killed in fights with Chinese soldiers on the border in the Himalayas.
20 Indian soldiers killed in confrontation with China in Himalayas

The original number was 3, but an additional 17 have since died of injuries. The fights do not involve firearms, but involve stone throwing and fist fights.
The army originally reported that three Indian soldiers had died, but later said 17 additional soldiers succumbed to injuries they suffered in the sub-zero temperatures of the high-altitude terrain.
The Chinese haven't said how many of their own soldiers were killed in the fights.
China, for its part, accused Indian forces along the border of carrying out "provocative attacks" on its troops, leading to "serious physical conflicts" between the sides.

Foreign ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian gave no details on any casualties on the Chinese side but said Tuesday that China had strongly protested the incident while still being committed to maintaining "peace and tranquillity" along the disputed and heavily militarized border.

"But what is shocking is that on June 15, the Indian troops seriously violated the consensus of the two sides, crossed the border illegally twice and carried out provocative attacks on Chinese personnel, resulting in serious physical conflicts between the two border forces," Zhao said.

The original number was 3, but an additional 17 have since died of injuries. The fights do not involve firearms, but involve stone throwing and fist fights.

The Chinese haven't said how many of their own soldiers were killed in the fights.
I read elsewhere about the use of nail-studded clubs, so a proper gang fight.

'Sources in the government are claiming that as per U.S. intelligence reports, the Chinese Army suffered 35 casualties during the violent clash with the Indian military in eastern Ladakh's Galwan Valley. The figure would be a combination of total number of soldiers killed and seriously wounded, they said.

'The Indian Army on Tuesday said 20 Army personnel, including a Colonel, were killed on Monday night in the biggest-ever military confrontation between the two armies in over five decades. China has not yet talked about the number of casualties suffered by the People's Liberation Army during the clash.'

Govt sources cite U.S. intelligence to claim China suffered 35 casualties during Galwan clash

Is this how they are trying to avoid it going full kinetic by lobbing sticks and stones at each other? I'm guessing the first bullet fired will mean the gloves come off on both sides....

Is this how they are trying to avoid it going full kinetic by lobbing sticks and stones at each other? I'm guessing the first bullet fired will mean the gloves come off on both sides....
It appears so: battering each other to death can be dismissed as only a brawl; once firepower is employed it becomes a war.

Can't be too long before that happens. There'll be a few on both sides looking for some payback and with both Modi and Xi playing the hard man image neither of them will want to lose face by backing down.

India have said that 20 of their soldiers were killed in fights with Chinese soldiers on the border in the Himalayas.
20 Indian soldiers killed in confrontation with China in Himalayas

Morning @terminal,
Local Rumour Control is 23 this side(inc'., a Colonel). 48 that side. As stated this is LRC.
I get my news from 'Arrse'.

Morning @terminal,
Local Rumour Control is 23 this side(inc'., a Colonel). 48 that side. As stated this is LRC.
I get my news from 'Arrse'.
71 dead in a fight with sticks and stones?

71 dead in a fight with sticks and stones?
Problem is, both sides have form and incentive to lie or conceal facts. We won't hear from the PRC until they've decided what version they want to present, while the Indian Army are unlikely to want the death of a colonel to be uncompensated by suitable numbers in the opposite side.