India needs to prepare for war with China and Pakistan

FYI. I didn't know where to post it.

"
The all-time high participation of American-origin aircraft in Sunday’s Republic Day parade, alongside a noticeably reduced Russian presence, underlines the growing shift in India’s weapons procurement priorities.
While the Indian arsenal continues to field large number of legacy Russian weapons platforms, the new weaponry being inducted is mainly of US or Indian origin.
The American aircraft in the parade included the newly arrived CH-47F Chinook heavy-lift helicopter, the AH-64E Apache attack helicopter, C-130J Super Hercules special operations aircraft and the C-17 Globemaster III strategic airlifter. In addition, the navy’s tableau featured the P-8I Poseidon multi-mission maritime aircraft."

Trump must be loving this.
You're lucky to get such clear skies for the Republic Day flypast. It's usually quite hazy, or misty.

A lot to be said about banning cars in and around Delhi.

They do make a hell of a racket...but good ones.

Seriously though, India's procurement of U.S defense hardware went up like crazy, infuriating the Russians.

They have about 11/12 C-17s, the second largest operator after the U.S. ....just the turn around since the last decade towards preferring U.S. equipment is amazing.
11 is the exact number. All operated by 81 Sqn from Hindon AFS. Serial numbers CB8001 to CB8011.

12 C-130Js ( 13 were delivered, but one has already crashed). Split between 2 squadrons.77 and 78 Sqns, IIRC.

36 Rafales to come, so no doubt making an appearance in the 2021 Republic Day flypast.

Last edited:

bedended

War Hero
It's pretty commonplace. Usually one side will build a sangar or a 'border post' to mark where they believe the border lies and the other will send bodies to pull it down and put up their own at the 'correct' border. When two parties meet it's usually settled with stern words and (on the Indian side) outstanding moustaches, but occasionally it dissolves into murderball with the foundation stones.
Morning @smartascarrots,
Ref: My post #16 in 'Border incident between India and China troops'.
Screenshot is re-post from there of article in today's local 'comic'.

E2a: Am about 250kms as crow flies from Pangong Tso but noticed an increase(usually zero-ish) in airframes knocking about today.
MIG-29 came down Friday about 115kms away after "developing a technical snag' according to reports.
I think I may have seen it heading back to base.
20200511_130041~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200511-195743_Photos~2.jpg

Last edited:
The planet could do with a thinning of uncontrolled population growth in two massive examples.

Unfortunately this could well involve all of us if/when it kicks off.

bedended

War Hero
The planet could do with a thinning of uncontrolled population growth in two massive examples.

Unfortunately this could well involve all of us if/when it kicks off.
Morning @Resasi,
Been telling people for years(playing Devil's Advocate)that. "...the herd should be culled. Kill everybody with a good global thermo-nuclear war, leaving me and one hot chick to start the re-population process". Just to see the reaction.
Might be the way ahead;) and as a smoker with no family,dependants, responsibilities and on the wrong side of ...years old, ICRGAF!
Bit selfish I know but as Freddie once sang sang. "Who wants to live forever".:)

Last edited:
Morning @Resasi,
Been telling people for years(playing Devil's Advocate)that. "...the herd should be culled. Kill everybody with a good global thermo-nuclear war, leaving me and one hot chick to start the re-population process". Just to see the reaction.
Might be the way ahead;) and as a smoker with no family,dependants, responsibilities and on the wrong side of ...years old, ICRGAF!
Bit selfish I know but as Freddie once sang sang. "Who wants to live forever".:)
What's in it for the hot chick?

Just the two of you?

Repopulating the planet with hillbillies is a shit idea.

...And no one else to play her off against. Good luck trying to get her to make you a brew.

Morning @smartascarrots,
Ref: My post #16 in 'Border incident between India and China troops'.
Screenshot is re-post from there of article in today's local 'comic'.

E2a: Am about 250kms as crow flies from Pangong Tso but noticed an increase(usually zero-ish) in airframes knocking about today.
MIG-29 came down Friday about 115kms away after "developing a technical snag' according to reports.
I think I may have seen it heading back to base.
View attachment 472853View attachment 472854
Sounds like the situation continues to bubble away. Will the onset of better weather see it get worse?

'Indian and Chinese troops remained engaged in an eyeball-to-eyeball situation in several areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, signalling that the standoff could become the biggest military face-off after the Doklam crisis in 2017.

'Top military sources quoted by PTI have said that India has further increased its strength in Pangong Tso and Galwan Valley – the two contentious areas where Chinese army is learnt to have been deploying around 2,000 to 2,500 troops, besides gradually enhancing temporary infrastructure. “The strength of the Indian Army in the area is much better than our adversary,” said a top military official, seeking anonymity. A major concern for the Indian military has been the presence of Chinese troops around several key points including Indian Post KM120 along the Darbuk-Shayok-Daulat Beg Oldie road in Galwan Valley.

“It is serious. It is not a normal kind of transgression,” former Northern Army Commander Lieutenant General (retired) DS Hooda said. He emphasised that Chinese transgression into areas like Galwan was worrying as there was no dispute between the two sides in the area.

'Strategic Affairs expert Ambassador Ashok K Kantha agreeing with Lieutenant General Hood said, “There have been multiple incursions (by Chinese troops). This is something which causes concern. It is not a routine standoff. This is a disturbing situation”. The Chinese side has particularly strengthened its presence in the Galwan Valley, erecting around 100 tents in the last two weeks and bringing in heavy equipment for construction of bunkers. The Indian troops are reportedly resorting to “aggressive patrolling” in several sensitive areas including Demchok and Daulat Beg Oldi.

'In the first week of May, 250 Indian and Chinese soldiers clashed with iron rods, sticks, and even resorted to stone-pelting in the Pangong Tso lake area. In the second week of May, around 150 soldiers of both sides had a face-off near Naku La Pass in Sikkim. In both the incidents, soldiers sustained injuries. Both India and China have now deployed addition troops both in tense areas of Galwan valley, Pangong Tso lake and several areas in northern Sikkim. Two days later, the Air Force rushed its fighter jet patrols in Ladakh after Chinese military choppers were found to be flying close to the Line of Actual Control (LAC).'

bedended

War Hero
Sounds like the situation continues to bubble away. Will the onset of better weather see it get worse?

'Indian and Chinese troops remained engaged in an eyeball-to-eyeball situation in several areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, signalling that the standoff could become the biggest military face-off after the Doklam crisis in 2017.

'Top military sources quoted by PTI have said that India has further increased its strength in Pangong Tso and Galwan Valley – the two contentious areas where Chinese army is learnt to have been deploying around 2,000 to 2,500 troops, besides gradually enhancing temporary infrastructure. “The strength of the Indian Army in the area is much better than our adversary,” said a top military official, seeking anonymity. A major concern for the Indian military has been the presence of Chinese troops around several key points including Indian Post KM120 along the Darbuk-Shayok-Daulat Beg Oldie road in Galwan Valley.

“It is serious. It is not a normal kind of transgression,” former Northern Army Commander Lieutenant General (retired) DS Hooda said. He emphasised that Chinese transgression into areas like Galwan was worrying as there was no dispute between the two sides in the area.

'Strategic Affairs expert Ambassador Ashok K Kantha agreeing with Lieutenant General Hood said, “There have been multiple incursions (by Chinese troops). This is something which causes concern. It is not a routine standoff. This is a disturbing situation”. The Chinese side has particularly strengthened its presence in the Galwan Valley, erecting around 100 tents in the last two weeks and bringing in heavy equipment for construction of bunkers. The Indian troops are reportedly resorting to “aggressive patrolling” in several sensitive areas including Demchok and Daulat Beg Oldi.

'In the first week of May, 250 Indian and Chinese soldiers clashed with iron rods, sticks, and even resorted to stone-pelting in the Pangong Tso lake area. In the second week of May, around 150 soldiers of both sides had a face-off near Naku La Pass in Sikkim. In both the incidents, soldiers sustained injuries. Both India and China have now deployed addition troops both in tense areas of Galwan valley, Pangong Tso lake and several areas in northern Sikkim. Two days later, the Air Force rushed its fighter jet patrols in Ladakh after Chinese military choppers were found to be flying close to the Line of Actual Control (LAC).'

Morning @SkippedOnce,
Always simmering. As for escalating during hot weather. I wouldn't like to think so but I always get irritable and narky when it's hot.
Most days there a snippet in the papers of one incident or another.
Front page from today's local 'comic'.
In two parts as I don't know how to reduce pictures:rolleyes:.
20200526_134339.jpg
20200526_134336.jpg

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer

Retired colonel apparently but currently uncorroborated.

Morning @SkippedOnce,
Always simmering. As for escalating during hot weather. I wouldn't like to think so but I always get irritable and narky when it's hot.
Most days there a snippet in the papers of one incident or another.
Front page from today's local 'comic'.
In two parts as I don't know how to reduce pictures:rolleyes:.
View attachment 476618View attachment 476619
Interesting development with the registration of Chinese citizens for potential evacuation.

bedended

War Hero
Interesting development with the registration of Chinese citizens for potential evacuation.
Morning @SkippedOnce,
There's rumour that the very few Chinese around here have either "gone away" or "hiding". Probably they're just keeping an extremely low profile due to 'Covid-29' though.

E2a: Have been told in the past that, "...they never register with 'FRO'..." anyway.
FRO=Foriegner Regional/Registration Office.

E2a again: 'Covid-19'. (Only one), sausage finger :)

Last edited:
It isn't unusual for the niggles to go on for weeks. I recall a time when the PLA lads were lending the jawans their mobile phones to call home, as they'd been in situ for so long.

The article isn't totally accurate:

“It is serious. It is not a normal kind of transgression,” former Northern Army Commander Lieutenant General (retired) DS Hooda said. He emphasised that Chinese transgression into areas like Galwan was worrying as there was no dispute between the two sides in the area
The Galwan River valley was in dispute back to the 1950s and was one of the flashpoints in the 1962 war. It just goes to prove the dangers of relying on spokesmen for a disputing party acting in an official capacity.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
It isn't unusual for the niggles to go on for weeks. I recall a time when the PLA lads were lending the jawans their mobile phones to call home, as they'd been in situ for so long.

The article isn't totally accurate:

The Galwan River valley was in dispute back to the 1950s and was one of the flashpoints in the 1962 war. It just goes to prove the dangers of relying on spokesmen for a disputing party acting in an official capacity.

most worrying situation is in the Galwan valley, where the PLA has crossed China’s own claim line (which Beijing had stated was the border with India)]

Latest Threads