India needs to prepare for war with China and Pakistan

I did find and link a SCMP story which may have been about the same incident, so it may have happened.

The quote from an Indian admiral about anyone doing anything in the region having to get permission from India was perhaps more illuminating about attitudes.

India doesn't have the economic or military strength to support that sort of attitude at this time, but that is expected to change over the next few decades at which time they may go for a confrontation with China. Alternatively, it may come about indirectly through a confrontation with Pakistan, who are then backed up by China.
I doubt India really has empire aspirations (they were the pride of the UK once, the biggest one in Empire) - they mainly want to seem to defend their sea and the supply lines. But yes, it would suck for them if both PAK and CHN launched a simultaneous attack at the same time.

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I doubt India really has empire aspirations (they were the pride of the UK once, the biggest one in Empire) - they mainly want to seem to defend their sea and the supply lines. But yes, it would suck for them if both PAK and CHN launched a simultaneous attack at the same time.
Checks, Not NAAFI. Decides not to post

FYI. I didn't know where to post it.

"
The all-time high participation of American-origin aircraft in Sunday’s Republic Day parade, alongside a noticeably reduced Russian presence, underlines the growing shift in India’s weapons procurement priorities.
While the Indian arsenal continues to field large number of legacy Russian weapons platforms, the new weaponry being inducted is mainly of US or Indian origin.
The American aircraft in the parade included the newly arrived CH-47F Chinook heavy-lift helicopter, the AH-64E Apache attack helicopter, C-130J Super Hercules special operations aircraft and the C-17 Globemaster III strategic airlifter. In addition, the navy’s tableau featured the P-8I Poseidon multi-mission maritime aircraft."

Trump must be loving this.

Always love the sight and sound of a Chinook
They do make a hell of a racket...but good ones.

Seriously though, India's procurement of U.S defense hardware went up like crazy, infuriating the Russians.

They have about 11/12 C-17s, the second largest operator after the U.S. ....just the turn around since the last decade towards preferring U.S. equipment is amazing.

They do make a hell of a racket...but good ones.

Seriously though, India's procurement of U.S defense hardware went up like crazy, Delighting the Russians.

They have about 11/12 C-17s, the second largest operator after the U.S. ....just the data handed over since the last decade towards reverse engineering U.S. equipment is amazing.

Edited for cynicism

Edited for cynicism
Hope not. Hope they have some sort of integrity.

Especially after this agreement.

"Outside of interoperability, COMCASA will also open up the possibility of Indian military units gaining access to a secure Common Tactical Picture, which would allow, for instance, Indian Navy and Air Force surveillance aircraft and fighters to receive data from U.S. and friendly counterparts during exercises or operations. Additionally, given India’s access to previously restricted U.S. defense technology exports following its 2016 designation as a Major Defense Partner, COMCASA will open up the possibility of India importing U.S. systems unencumbered by possible limitations on guidance, communication, and sensor technologies."

Last edited:
Hope not. Hope they have some sort of integrity.
I feel I should refer you to earth, QUORA and India defence forum -
From there you will rapidly gleen the impression that - It would not be seen as a lack of integrity - but as a blow against the imperialists / There is no need ti honour agreements with lesser peoples (whites) whose only contribution to the world is crime violence and slavery etc.

Rather many would see it as a heroic brilliant move and proof of Indias superiority

Indx-TechS

Clanker
I feel I should refer you to earth, QUORA and India defence forum -
From there you will rapidly gleen the impression that - It would not be seen as a lack of integrity - but as a blow against the imperialists / There is no need ti honour agreements with lesser peoples (whites) whose only contribution to the world is crime violence and slavery etc.

Rather many would see it as a heroic brilliant move and proof of Indias superiority
Whines from a couple of wannabe commie or vintage nationalists don't translate into tendency of Indian governments. Neither of "affording a 100 million casualties" nor teaching lessons to so called "imperialists" (this word isn't so common). Modern Indian and Hindu nationalisms are self centered and don't draw inspirations from rivalries from specific foreign entities unlike Chinese and Soviets (momentary hostilities from someone are different). Except for Pakistan, Indians don't have hate and disgust for anyone in common. Lesser white maleechhas have given enough inferiority complex to minds of Indians to never feel at least racially superior again.

As for "integrity", US hasn't been very good with its allies either at any instant. In any of cases:
1. There's a successful trade deal or strategic understanding between USA and PRC to rule world in blocs which throws India's future under bus, it'll move along under nullified alliance for some years with increased defence spending and corporation with small regional powers.
2. US tries to play double supporting India's adversary (may be a US key ally like Pakistan).
3. US undermines India's strategic autonomy, sanctions it for policies on arms, nukes or currency circulation, advises India on its internal matters or tries to inhibit its growth and aims. Situation would be deemed as conflict. India will have a review and move on to other options making distance from US.
4. India reaches at a position of self reliance, sustainable economy and independent foreign policy, may have 4+ aircraft carriers to patrol IOR (won't need COMCASA then) and at that time (3.) happens, agreements will be scrapped swiftly and tensions & propaganda will initiate.

There is no use of scrapping a historical goodwill agreement to deteriorate relations unnecessarily. There is no point in keeping it either if starts to get used against what you want.

Regards

Last edited:
Whines from a couple of wannabe commie or vintage nationalists don't translate into tendency of Indian governments. Neither of "affording a 100 million casualties" nor teaching lessons to so called "imperialists" (this word isn't so common). Modern Indian and Hindu nationalisms are self centered and don't draw inspirations from rivalries from specific foreign entities unlike Chinese and Soviets (momentary hostilities from someone are different). Except for Pakistan, Indians don't have hate and disgust for anyone in common. Lesser white maleechhas have given enough inferiority complex to minds of Indians to never feel at least racially superior again.

As for "integrity", US hasn't been very good with its allies either at any instant. In any of cases:
1. There's a successful trade deal or strategic understanding between USA and PRC to rule world in blocs which throws India's future under bus, it'll move along under nullified alliance for some years with increased defence spending and corporation with small regional powers.
2. US tries to play double supporting India's adversary (may be a US key ally like Pakistan).
3. US undermines India's strategic autonomy, sanctions it for policies on arms, nukes or currency circulation, advises India on its internal matters or tries to inhibit its growth and aims. Situation would be deemed as conflict. India will have a review and move on to other options making distance from US.
4. India reaches at a position of self reliance, sustainable economy and independent foreign policy, may have 4+ aircraft carriers to patrol IOR (won't need COMCASA then) and at that time (3.) happens, agreements will be scrapped swiftly and tensions & propaganda will initiate.

There is no use of scrapping a historical goodwill agreement to deteriorate relations unnecessarily. There is no point in keeping it either if starts to get used against what you want.

Regards
What a load of bollocks. And yes, you (I am assuming you're Indian) will need U.S. support for operating all that U.S. hardware you are purchasing.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Hilarious conversation!! Two people who are ill-informed on most subjects trying to outdo each other!!!

Sniggering into my pre-dinner drink.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It's too early for a "proper" drink...it's only about 6:30am.

And I am assuming you're an "expert" in dynamics of the South Asian region.
Nope, don't pretend to be an expert on South Asian history or current affairs. I do however, recognise a mating pair of BS Merchants when I see them.

How are you consuming that smoothie without drinking it, as it's a drink? Is it improper? In what way?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Indx-TechS

Clanker
What a load of bollocks. And yes, you (I am assuming you're Indian) will need U.S. support for operating all that U.S. hardware you are purchasing.
Share of US equipment in Indian military is too insignificant to make a difference at the moment.
It's of concern of "strings" attached rather than operation of systems. US systems are as easier to operate but come with stringent T&C and hard to copy.

Could just be inaccurate reporting but, given that it's being repeated by VOA, potentially one to watch. You can imagine the 'aggressive confrontation' - Dilip, "You bunch of dirty bat eaters'; Wu, "You bunch of dirty street sewer rats" - ding, ding, fights on!

'A report published on an Indian newspaper’s website says Indian and Chinese soldiers “exchanged blows” Saturday in North Sikkim, along India and China’s border.

'The Hindustan Times said about 150 soldiers were involved in the “aggressive confrontation” between the two sides. An officer told the Times that four Indian soldiers and seven Chinese troops were injured in the skirmishes. The newspaper said the army has “denied knowledge” of the fracas. India and China have long disputed most of their rugged, militarized boundary.'

Could just be inaccurate reporting but, given that it's being repeated by VOA, potentially one to watch. You can imagine the 'aggressive confrontation' - Dilip, "You bunch of dirty bat eaters'; Wu, "You bunch of dirty street sewer rats" - ding, ding, fights on!
It's pretty commonplace. Usually one side will build a sangar or a 'border post' to mark where they believe the border lies and the other will send bodies to pull it down and put up their own at the 'correct' border. When two parties meet it's usually settled with stern words and (on the Indian side) outstanding moustaches, but occasionally it dissolves into murderball with the foundation stones.

Latest Threads