India needs to prepare for war with China and Pakistan

You do know how nuclear radioactive drift works right?

Look on the bright side:

That could cripple the ozone layer, cause global cooling, and trigger food shortages.

Wonder if the Bangladeshis will sit on the side and go "ooh....aahhh....ref! "

I have a friend who has an absolute golden rule when it comes to curry houses. It better say the word "India" or "Indian" in the sign, if not he won't eat there. I asked why and he said without that tell-tale indicator you are eating in a Pakistani-owned restaurant, and he simply believed, I have no evidence one way or another, that Pakistani-owned places have, shall we say, lower hygiene standards.

Like I say, I cannot verify that one way or t'other.
I'd say quite wrong. Too vague.
Without trying to encompass the whole Indian restaurant scene they're more than likely to be Bangladeshi and Kashmiri even though it says 'Indian' - and because yes, having 'Pakistani Restaurant' is not necessarily a positive USP (but there are some in heavily ethnic areas).
I used to work for a supplier and I can tell you that of two leading brand names the chosen supplier will probably be based as much on religion as cost (quality! - I doubt that's much of a consideration at all)
I know the warehouses. Joss sticks and neglected rodent traps in one.
Other - actually very clean - although I noticed contaminated goods returned never got binned. Just repackaged.
A Portuguese mate pointed out Vindaloo originated from there to Goa. Next time you're in an Indian - ask them what they know of they're culinary tradition. I'll warrant SFA - British food cooked a hybrid way very unlike the food you'll find in India and Afghanistan.
If I say so myself, I'm pretty good at curries (initially taught by a Hyderabadi girl) - I never eat in Indian restaurants since before I worked for the supplier. I was trucking to every major Bradford/W. York's well established, reputable place (and I've worked in western restaurants and know some top butchers too) and was pretty appalled - not just hygiene standards; what they think of customers, how they treat their staff, how they conduct business etc.

If you have time 'Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors' Lizzie Cunningham. is pretty good on the history.

Without trying to encompass the whole Indian restaurant scene they're more than likely to be Bangladeshi and Kashmiri even though it says 'Indian' - and because yes, having 'Pakistani Restaurant' is not necessarily a positive USP (but there are some in heavily ethnic areas).
I used to work for a supplier and I can tell you that of two leading brand names the chosen supplier will probably be based as much on religion as cost (quality! - I doubt that's much of a consideration at all)
Other - actually very clean - although I noticed contaminated goods returned never got binned. Just repackaged.
A Portuguese mate pointed out Vindaloo originated from there to Goa. Next time you're in an Indian - ask them what they know of they're culinary tradition. I'll warrant SFA - British food cooked a hybrid way very unlike the food you'll find in India and Afghanistan.
If I say so myself, I'm pretty good at curries (initially taught by a Hyderabadi girl) - I never eat in Indian restaurants since before I worked for the supplier. I was trucking to every major Bradford/W. York's well established, reputable place (and I've worked in western restaurants and know some top butchers too) and was pretty appalled - not just hygiene standards; what they think of customers, how they treat their staff, how they conduct business etc.

If you have time 'Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors' Lizzie Cunningham. is pretty good on the history.
Yes, Vindaloo originated from Portugal, as pointed out by friend as well.

Two of my four favorite "Indian" restaurants are run by Pakistanis. The other two are actually Indian and Sri Lankan run.

PM me the eBook please

...Well the Rafales are pretty obviously their nuke birds. Very decent fuel fraction on them but suspect Tehran would be quite a stretch...
The Indian AF currently assign the nuclear strike role to their Mirage 2000I (which have essentially been upgraded to 2000-5 Mk2 standard making them India's most capable platforms until the Rafale arrives) and Jaguar IS (which are also currently undergoing a significant upgrade).

Open source reporting suggests that Delhi's initial Rafale will be delivered later this month. France uses the type in the nuclear strike role but it appears that India wants to prioritise the type replacing some of their MiG-21 Bisons so I suspect the nuclear role will remain with the Mirage and Jags for the foreseeable future.

Range wise, the Su-30MKI is India's most capable platform (unless they stick conformal tanks on their Rafales idc) but this type has so far not seemingly been allocated a nuclear role despite the integration of the BrahMos cruise missile.

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
Well the Rafales are pretty obviously their nuke birds. Very decent fuel fraction on them but suspect Tehran would be quite a stretch.
Why would they want to hit Tehran? Am I wrong since India and Iran seem to be on friendly terms?

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
France uses the type in the nuclear strike role but it appears that India wants to prioritise the type replacing some of their MiG-21 Bisons so I suspect the nuclear role will remain with the Mirage and Jags for the foreseeable future.
Jags don't have a nuke role barring necessity and the Tejas is the replacement for the Mig21. Possiby alongside another light fighter type.

Once fully worked up the Rafale's will take this on.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Why would they want to hit Tehran? Am I wrong since India and Iran seem to be on friendly terms?
Dunno... Was responding to someone who thought they would.

Jags don't have a nuke role barring necessity and the Tejas is the replacement for the Mig21. Possiby alongside another light fighter type.

Once fully worked up the Rafale's will take this on.
I agree that nuclear strike is a secondary role for (only some of) India's Jag sqns and that Tejas is meant to be the MiG-21 replacement. However, the glacial development and continuing problems of the latter mean that initial Rafale deliveries at least are being prioritised to re-equip some MiG-21 sqns (particularly given Pakistan demonstrated the limitations of the type recently!).

In the longer term however, the Rafale would certainly appear well suited to assume the nuclear role from their Mirage 2000Is.

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
I agree that nuclear strike is a secondary role for (only some of) India's Jag sqns and that Tejas is meant to be the MiG-21 replacement. However, the glacial development and continuing problems of the latter mean that initial Rafale deliveries at least are being prioritised to re-equip some MiG-21 sqns (particularly given Pakistan demonstrated the limitations of the type recently!).

In the longer term however, the Rafale would certainly appear well suited to assume the nuclear role from their Mirage 2000Is.

Regards,
MM
Christ - French, Russian, Indian (with some Israeli mish mash thrown in) and American stuff in one AF..sounds like the most confusing restaurant menu ever.

Christ - French, Russian, Indian (with some Israeli mish mash thrown in) and American stuff in one AF..sounds like the most confusing restaurant menu ever.
They've also got a smattering of British...

...and even Brazilian stuff!!!

The logistics and SOPs (eg Western aircraft have imperial cockpit displays, Russian types have metric) must be a bloody nightmare!

Regards,
MM

They've also got a smattering of British...

...and even Brazilian stuff!!!

The logistics and SOPs (eg Western aircraft have imperial cockpit displays, Russian types have metric) must be a bloody nightmare!

Regards,
MM
Forgot about the Brit stuff. Didn't know about the Brazilian things.

Christ, it's like the bloody UN up there!

War with China didn't exactly work out so well for the Indians the last time.

Latest Threads