India needs to prepare for war with China and Pakistan

Whereas defeatism & appeasement only kills the odd 50-100 million...
Well, it's now well over a 1.5 billion people involved..maybe another billion or so, if China gets involved....so yeah, I really don't want it to happen..nukes flying around like fireworks...

Dafty duck

War Hero
Well, it's now well over a 1.5 billion people involved..maybe another billion or so, if China gets involved....so yeah, I really don't want it to happen..nukes flying around like fireworks...
Calm yourself man, it's not going to happen. At worst they will have the national equivalent of handbags at dawn.

And quite frankly, it's none of our smegging business. They can kick seven shades of shite out of each other for all I care.

Whereas defeatism & appeasement only kills the odd 50-100 million...
The way the planet is going we could do with a good cull in that part of the world....................you would have thought that they would have got the mix right on bird flu by now, but hey ho.

earth

LE
I still don't quite get the whole beef between both nations...pardon the pun...just give Kashmir its independence and just get your hands off it from both sides - won't that solve the issue? Put your nationalism to a side..

Maybe Kashmir will thrive on tourism? I heard it looks really good...kind of Switzerland...
Giving kashmir independence will not solve problem,it will create a new set of problems. For India it will mark the end of secularism and liberal politics.Far right nationalism,the kind the world has not seen after 1945 would become the mainstream.
In short term India will suffer a lot of internal political instability and it's economy would go berserk

Pakistan's economy would collapse completely as would face somewhat similar situation.

As for Kashmir,it's a land locked place and that too located in the most volatile region both in terms of politics and geography.It might survive but as far as thriving is concerned,it's completely another story.

Being landlocked you cannot exercise complete sovereignty and kashmir will eventually become a proxy state of Pakistan just like Afghanistan.In this they would end up becoming like a meat in the grinder.

As far as tourism is concerned who in the right mind would like to visit an ultra conservative place with a deeply radicalized population and a citadel of Islamic insurgents ?

The Pakistani side of kashmir is even more beautiful than India yet receives scant tourists,their swat valley which is literally the most beautiful place in the planet hardly receives any tourists.

Last edited:

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Giving kashmir independence will not solve problem,it will create a new set of problems. For India it will mark the end of secularism and liberal politics.Far right nationalism,the kind the world has not seen after 1945 would become the mainstream.
In short term India will suffer a lot of internal political stability and it's economy would go berserk

Pakistan's economy would collapse completely as would face somewhat similar situation.

As for Kashmir,it's a land locked place and that too located in the most volatile region both in terms of politics and geography.It might survive but as far as thriving is concerned,it's completely another story.

Being landlocked you cannot exercise complete sovereignty and kashmir will eventually become a proxy state of Pakistan just like Afghanistan.In this they would end up becoming like a meat in the grinder.

As far as tourism is concerned who in the right mind would like to visit an ultra conservative place with a deeply radicalized population and a citadel of Islamic insurgents ?

The Pakistani side of kashmir is even more beautiful than India yet receives scant tourists,their swat valley which is literally the most beautiful place in the planet hardly receives any tourists.
My bold:

Why?

My bold:

Why?
A very interesting sentence that you highlighted. 'suffering from political stability' 'economy going berserk'.

I have obviously got it wrong as I have always thought that political stability was a good thing. A berserk economy could mean anything.

The deluded schoolboy will be along to clarify the message.

I suspect Modi is going to annex Kashmir for his legacy.

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
And quite frankly, it's none of our smegging business. They can kick seven shades of shite out of each other for all I care.
May be none of our business, but every job ive had has included a healthy dose of Indian and Pakistani nationals or supporters, enough to recreate whatever battles may end up going on over there!

May be none of our business, but every job ive had has included a healthy dose of Indian and Pakistani nationals or supporters, enough to recreate whatever battles may end up going on over there!

Well if that happens it may not be a bad thing. Showing their true colours so to speak.

Reports on my local news of young (I’m saying it because it’s true) Pakistani Muslim guys going ballistic about 70yrs of oppression, they’re killing our people, blah blah.
Well, it’s no good protesting on the streets of Britain. Get on a bloody ruddy plane & go there & protest if you feel that strongly.
I doubt they’d pass Mr Tebbits cricket test.

The way the planet is going we could do with a good cull in that part of the world....................you would have thought that they would have got the mix right on bird flu by now, but hey ho.
If stuff is really going down there, it will effect places far away, including Europe...

If stuff is really going down there, it will effect places far away, including Europe...
25 years ago as an aside to my PhD I was in a research group made up primarily of georgraphers - it was painful sometimes as someone doing IT stuff. We used to have a 17.00hrs presentation every tuesday, mainly visiting external academics who would share their wisdom and darker details of their discoverys from the chap who came up with ground penetrating radar to finding hidden disease and cancer clusters using AI modelling. One tuesday an eminent professor of human geography starts on about the state of the world, population growth and the resulting over population and strain on natural resources. Then he starts on about a cull being needed, the tinfoil hats started to come out with some of the scenarios he was presenting. The thing is, my thinking, if a solid chap like this is contemplating ideas like this and discussing them in research groups then who else higher up the food chain is discussing this.

I'll leave it there.

Edited to add: Some of the modelling of disease spread being done by a couple of the Post-Doc researchers was interesting. You know the map they show on the movies when some killer virus is accidentally released and the world turns red? Well, yeah, pretty much, if you track from the source (once the disease/virus is discovered in a civilised well travelled area) even though people are not showing symptons carriers will still have travelled pretty much to most major cities to spread their particular bug within 48hrs.

Last edited:
Kicking off in London town ! where is Jeremy ?

If they feel that deeply they should bugger off over there & do something about it.
The UK did as they asked 72 years ago by leaving them to sort out their own destiny, so it's f***all to do with us now.

25 years ago as an aside to my PhD I was in a research group made up primarily of georgraphers - it was painful sometimes as someone doing IT stuff. We used to have a 17.00hrs presentation every tuesday, mainly visiting external academics who would share their wisdom and darker details of their discoverys from the chap who came up with ground penetrating radar to finding hidden disease and cancer clusters using AI modelling. One tuesday an eminent professor of human geography starts on about the state of the world, population growth and the resulting over population and strain on natural resources. Then he starts on about a cull being needed, the tinfoil hats started to come out with some of the scenarios he was presenting. The thing is, my thinking, if a solid chap like this is contemplating ideas like this and discussing them in research groups then who else higher up the food chain is discussing this.

I'll leave it there.

Edited to add: Some of the modelling of disease spread being done by a couple of the Post-Doc researchers was interesting. You know the map they show on the movies when some killer virus is accidentally released and the world turns red? Well, yeah, pretty much, if you track from the source (once the disease/virus is discovered in a civilised well travelled area) even though people are not showing symptons carriers will still have travelled pretty much to most major cities to spread their particular bug within 48hrs.
Sounds a bit like Ebola..one of my exes worked in CDC and this is the sort of scenario she used to explain...very sexy talk, I know..