India needs to prepare for war with China and Pakistan

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Does that mean if it kicks off there will millions of UK pakistanis/ Indians heading back to defend their homeland ?
I imagine that's exactly what will happen. A wave of people desperate to get on the first available flight to....

Wait, when you say 'homeland' you do mean the UK don't you?

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Three nuclear capable countries at each throats would be... interesting.

Has anyone checked what the range of the nuclear fallout would be? If they don't reach as far as Europe I'm not terrible interested.

I see a new UN peacekeeping mission on the horizon.....

Three nuclear capable countries at each throats would be... interesting.

Has anyone checked what the range of the nuclear fallout would be? If they don't reach as far as Europe I'm not terrible interested.
Winds circumnavigate the globe, so fallout will too.

This article by Dr. Nishank Motwani is interesting.

He suggests that the Cold War is not a valid reference for understanding the India - Pakistan situation. India has tended not to respond to provocation and has a no first strike policy. Pakistan seems to rely on this under the illusion that their first strike policy will deter India and give them the upper hand. It is suggested that the seeming instability in Pakistan that is often seen in the media is used to unsettle India and potential foes. India, he suggests, does not have infinite tolerance to provocation and "terrorist" acts, so it is exploring limited war beneath the nuclear threshold. Pakistan it is argued has made a rod for it's own back with nuclear weapons. Local Pakistani commanders may be loath to bring about their own destruction but extremists have no such hesitation.

Alas the tea and curry we once knew.

Be Prepared for an India-Pakistan Limited War

Getting spicier, and I don't mean the curry.

'A Major from the army is among four personnel who were martyred in an encounter in Kashmir. Two terrorists have been neutralized in the encounter. The encounter took place at Pinglen area of south Kashmir's Pulwana district.

'A joint team of army's 55 RR, CRPF and SOG cordoned off the area in the early hours of Monday morning following credible inputs about the presence of some terrorists. Earlier in the day sources from the army said two Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists were trapped in the area.

'As the search operation was going on, terrorists fired on the forces, which led to a gunfight, police said.'

Read more at:
Army major among four martyred in early morning encounter in Pulwama

Having been to Lahore recently, one thing for sure is any strike on Pakistan will result in PRC deaths. Pakistan is slowly being colonised by the Chinese, they're funding/building most of Pakistans infrastructure, they're literally everywhere complete with accompanying Chinese restaurant. The Chinese are also Pakistans main weapons supplier, they can use the conflict as a testing ground for their latest and greatest generation of military hardware, a practice run like the Spanish Civil War was for for zee Germans.

Last edited:
Indian Army Chief: "I need more shiny new toys".

Wordsmith
Correct; but perhaps given the China/Pakistan developments, with justification.

Presumably since out carrier will be in the area shortly we will join in on India's side by attacking the South China Sea atolls.

This article by Dr. Nishank Motwani is interesting.

He suggests that the Cold War is not a valid reference for understanding the India - Pakistan situation. India has tended not to respond to provocation and has a no first strike policy. Pakistan seems to rely on this under the illusion that their first strike policy will deter India and give them the upper hand. It is suggested that the seeming instability in Pakistan that is often seen in the media is used to unsettle India and potential foes. India, he suggests, does not have infinite tolerance to provocation and "terrorist" acts, so it is exploring limited war beneath the nuclear threshold. Pakistan it is argued has made a rod for it's own back with nuclear weapons. Local Pakistani commanders may be loath to bring about their own destruction but extremists have no such hesitation.

Alas the tea and curry we once knew.

Be Prepared for an India-Pakistan Limited War
What I find interesting is the rise of ego and jingoism from India. The nation once strongly non aligned gives the impression, it no longer sees pakistan as a threat, so has to lump in china as well... The whole tech revolution and its self belief is such, I tend to think an inherent danger has grown at the heart of that nation.

Clearly on this, they think they can fight a limited war without consequences both internal and external.

Fairly interesting scenario actually - pretty much a peer vs peer conflict, as far as numbers and maybe technology are concerned.
Not quite peer to peer (2007)

India China Pakistan
Budget 34bn 11bn 11 bn

manpower 1.4m 0.26m 0.67m (not including reservists)

for some reason the spacing is not working, but you get the idea.

Would be an interesting fight to watch from the sidelines, and I wonder how the figures have changed in the past 10 years.

In the event of serious escalation, who else may rattle China's borders a little? Vietnam? Tibet, maritime oriental countries?
What could India gain without purging Kashmir of it's muslim majority (can't see that happening).
It'll resort to situation normal/ indolence shortly.

Would be an interesting fight to watch from the sidelines, and I wonder how the figures have changed in the past 10 years.
A fight the world doesn't need or one which won't be pretty. And Pakistan really is pushing the limits a bit and will set something off for real, if they don't back down. There's only so much shit you can pull before you get fight back.

I thought Pakistan was part of India or is it the other way round? Is there really any difference. It's all dodgy hats & moustaches,tea, curry, rapey female baby killers , nuclear bombs, call centers, wobbly heads and a lust for a UK passport. Same bit of string different dog. Thank you come again.
#edit forgot street shitting :apols

Last edited:
I thought Pakistan was part of India or is it the other way round? Is there really any difference. It's all dodgy hats & moustaches,tea, curry, rapey female baby killers , nuclear bombs, call centers, wobbly heads and a lust for a UK passport. Same bit of string different dog. Thank you come again.
Pakistan, India and Bangladesh were all loosely sort of one territory - part of the British Raj as whole, when as part of independence, Pakistan and India got partitioned. Bangladesh was part of Pakistan till the 70s when it too decided it wanted to be its own country.

And, that's my knowledge of the region exhausted...

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
The UN called. Your application for the post of member of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination has been rejected.

A fight the world doesn't need or one which won't be pretty. And Pakistan really is pushing the limits a bit and will set something off for real, if they don't back down. There's only so much shit you can pull before you get fight back.
My musings:

Although not pretty (never known a war to be pretty), I don't think it would escalate outside their disputed country borders, and not go nuclear.

No other country will want to get involved, they will sit back and go “meh, let’s see who wins”.

Although Britain may feel obliged to deploy a protective force in to Nepal.

It won’t be ground war between China and India, all long range stuff (too many mountains)

My musings:

Although not pretty (never known a war to be pretty), I don't think it would escalate outside their disputed country borders, and not go nuclear.

No other country will want to get involved, they will sit back and go “meh, let’s see who wins”.

Although Britain may feel obliged to deploy a protective force in to Nepal.

It won’t be ground war between China and India, all long range stuff (too many mountains)
Nah. If PAK really provokes IND and things go cross border, shit may get a bit more tense that just conventional. Conventionally, IND would crush PAK, they know it, one of the reasons why PAK developed a nuclear arsenal. Unfortunately it's not as secure (from my sources) as it could be. And the worst thing is China getting involved in this whole thing. Though, at the end of the day, if a nuclear exchange does happen between IND and PAK, China will be effected and will have to get involved. What is it roughly 3+ billion people in a war? Not a good scenario.

The whole point of the China-Pakistan alliance is to force India to face war on two fronts if it comes to war.

I don't think that continuing terrorism in Kashmir is going to lead to war however, at least not as things stand today. What might lead to war is rising nationalism in India growing from their increasing sense of importance and self confidence. This could lead India into believing that they could "win" an all-out war with Pakistan and China or that they could make China stand aside while Pakistan gets a good thumping from India. I don't think that anything good could come of that.

The interesting new development in a potential India-China war is the naval aspect. Both countries have been building up their naval forces, including building aircraft carriers.

India sits near China's supply lines to the Middle East and Africa. If India were to try to take control of the Indian Ocean and force a blockade on trade in energy, minerals, and food between those regions and China while holding off the Chinese army in the Himalayan passes, that could pose a serious threat which could push China into escalating the war without limits.

I think the world is better off not finding out what would happen in these circumstances.