India Human Spaceflight Experiment Dec 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

earth

LE
Just Like Americans,Russians and the Chinese,India too has plans for deep space travel.It currently does not have a manned program but that is soon going to change when it launches it's first manned mission in 2021.As part of that program ,The Indian Space Research Organization will launch a crew module to space anywhere between Dec 15-20,2014 using it's new GSLV3 launcher.The primary objective of the mission is to test the atmospheric characteristics and stability of the rocket and reentry characteristics of the Crew module.The rocket climb upto 126 km,after which the Crew module would get detached from the spacecraft and fall into the bay of bengal.The reentry will be controlled by 3 parachutes and will splashdown 180 kms from Indira point in the andamans or 1600 km's from the Space center.
Rock.jpg

earth

LE
sriharikota_indian_space_research_organisation_2.jpg

ISRO_Crew_Module_650.jpg

sriharikota_indian_space_research_organisation_2.jpg[img][img]

131258371689.jpg

Last edited:

earth

LE
GSLV_Mk3_X1_1.jpg

GSLV_Mk3_X1_2.jpg

GSLV_Mk3_X1_3.jpg

GSLV_Mk_3_6.jpg

GSLV_Mk3_X1_5.jpg

GSLV_Mk_3_7.jpg

Ritch

LE
Hopefully you'll be the first candidate for a mission to deep space.

I'll have a fiver on explosive decompression...

What?! It's the NAAFI.

earth

LE
I request the mods to take it back to science forum thread.This is not a Rape-aid-poverty joke issue,this is a science stuff

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I request the mods to take it back to science forum thread.This is not a Rape-aid-poverty joke issue,this is a science stuff

You should have put it in there then.

Too late. I thought you would have learned your lesson from the last time you posted in the NAAFI.

earth

LE
You should have put it in there then.

Too late. I thought you would have learned your lesson from the last time you posted in the NAAFI.

I had posted this in science thread but the mods shifted it to NAAFI.

Then why build a rocket that resembles a penis? You're taping space, you are!

You disgust me

earth

LE
Not to be outdone,UK too has planned to launch humans to space

Funny_Pictures_55117.jpg

Rape Aid? Can't you just release a shit song to raise money like civilised people do?

I can hear the chorus in my head.

"Feel the wo-orld, let them know it's rapey time again"

Brings a tear to my japs eye

Deep space? 120 kilometres ceiling?

Anyway it's a good thing not to stay for too long confined in a small space capsule on a diet of curry and pickles.

Apart from that, they are gonna be stuffed when they do get up in to space and find that the earth really isn't resting on the back of a large turtle.

Tunnels

War Hero
Point of order: isn't the module thingy on upside down? I thought rockets traditionally always had a hot/loud end and a pointy end. But then again I'm no expert.

It could also do with a door of some sort; unless the pilot's supposed to hang off the outside.

My money's on the beaded seat covers breaking up causing a loss of control, followed by the crew asphyxiating on the fumes from the "air fresheners".

earth

LE
Deep space? 120 kilometres ceiling?

Anyway it's a good thing not to stay for too long confined in a small space capsule on a diet of curry and pickles.

120 km is for testing reentry parameters of the module...this is the fist of the series of tests that will be conducted later on

Also this is the first launch of the rocket where the upper stage will not be firing.

I was wondering how they would retrieve the astronauts from 1800 km away and then I found this
Indian helicopter.jpg

earth

LE
Point of order: isn't the module thingy on upside down? I thought rockets traditionally always had a hot/loud end and a pointy end. But then again I'm no expert.

Thats because the Crew module is being tested without a service module.

Status
Not open for further replies.