India has a new female President

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by boris7, Jul 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm still waiting for a PM with the steely determination and balls of Madge Thatcher. Yes, she did some inhumane things but the Iron Lady did what she said she would do. At least we knew where we stood with her. That woman had more spine than the entire Labour government combined. How has politics been hijacked by the National Union of Students? It just shows we have no real control over our polity. Fcuking slaves, we are, to a bunch of limp wristed left wing cnuts. Time for a revolt. I'm ready, just tell me where and when and I'll be there.
  2. Rayc

Rayc RIP

An old harridan and a non entity has been foisted on the country.

APJ Abdul Kalam was too apolitical and who gave decisions on cases referred to the President without fear or favour since he was no political hack! Hence, was not put up as a candidate.

This is a great honour for a non entity and a rabbit pulled out of the hat called Ms Patil and she is Plasticine Pam! Can be moulded anyway desired!

The General Election are in the offing. India is in the age of Coalitions. Therefore, a pliable President is ideal when the question of a dead heat occurs and there is horse trading to use her 'conscience' to decide who should be asked first to form the govt!

Politics apparently has no indicators called honour, prestige or love for the country!

Mrs Indira Gandhi was like Ms Thatcher. She was a decisive PM and did not hesitate to take tough decision. 1971 and Bangladesh is a case in point.

The current Mrs Gandhi is Sonia Gandhi, who is an Italian and she became a naturalised Indian citizen after the assassination by a Sri Lankan Tamil (LTTE) of her husband Rajiv Gandhi and it was necessary to continue the Nehru - Gandhi dynasty. She is an astute and shrewd politician who remote controls all decision in India as the head of the Coalition political parties!
  3. Rayc:
    I dunno. The last one who appeared on Big Brother was bit of alright. :D
  4. the goverment in out here in goa is in utter chaos just now.. think the new female president has her work cut out
  5. I thought the Hindu cow was put to death last week?

Shambo’s death sentence was carried out on Thursday after Assembly officials, armed with a warrant, entered The Community of the Many Names of God, at Skanda Vale temple.