Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

India’s Vikram Lander Crashed into the Moon

TBF, the UK Space Agency today is a bunch of Trekkie's working out of an office in Swindon, so there's a way to go before we catch-up with the Indians.
5f57ba2c266e95f2a2177973e7d98c5a.jpg

If they cant get an unmanned spacecraft there and back today how did they manage there and back in the sixties with a septic on board....reaches for tinfoil hat.

Well, I for one say fair dues to them.
They came close, there was a problem, sh#t happens. Better luck next time. We too have had our setbacks in science and technology and we had a cuppa and went back to the drawing board. The Indians will do the same.

earth

LE
News coming in the last hour says that the lander has been located by the orbiter's thermal image 500 meters away from intended landing site.

Unconfined reports say that it was found in an inverted position and it's not confirmed whether the lander has suffered any structural damage but what is sure is that it has not disintegrated despite the hard landing.

Scientists are still trying to establish link with the crippled lander.

Last edited:

earth

LE
If they cant get an unmanned spacecraft there and back today how did they manage there and back in the sixties with a septic on board....reaches for tinfoil hat.

If you had seen the movie First man or seen any documentaries on Apollo 11 you would have realized how difficult and dangerous the landing was.

Had Neil Amstrong not taken over the controls from the guidance computer during the dying minutes of the landing the eagle lander would have crashed too.Later it was revealed that they had just few seconds of fuel left when it still flying over a large crater.It was the brilliance of both Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin that prevented Apollo 11 from becoming a disaster.

Even NASA was not confident regarding a soft landing and had already prepared funeral speeches for the two astronauts.

Despite advancement in automation and AI it still has a long way to go.....

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Proof positive that those Iron Sky Nazis have got their SHORAD capability up to FOC....

Couldn't the bastards just walk to TB3? And what's with the being pushed u p t he ar se of the rocket, going right through the reactor core? (Tracey Sr wont be having any grandchildren!)

But TB3 is a beauty though. I was looking for a desktop model of it, but a decent sized one is not cheap.
I understand that Captain Scarlet described the Tracy Island embarkation methods as 'F u c king stupid' and that's from someone used to the SPV where the driver faced backward!

I'm sure Neil and Buzz would have appreciated the effort if they'd 'almost got it right'...

Hence why the country I guess didn't launch it with passengers aboard at their first attempt. Have you seen how many U.S. failures and deaths happened over the years? Even after a mature space program?

I don't really care at the end of the day, I just think it's cool they tried to do it.

I understand that Captain Scarlet described the Tracy Island embarkation methods as 'F u c king stupid' and that's from someone used to the SPV where the driver faced backward!
Facing backwards is really,really good if you're going to have to survive a bazillion G's when you ram someone being controlled by a Martian.
FYI. :)

Were two blue circles seen in the area at time? Someone should warn ISRO to be careful if the rover show up again.

Facing backwards is really,really good if you're going to have to survive a bazillion G's when you ram someone being controlled by a Martian.
FYI. :)

Yeah but the blind spots on those 60s TVs would have been huge and it'd be a bugger to park.

Edited to add apart from reverse parking obviously, then it'd be setting off that'd be the arse ache.

The lander appears to be made out of tongue and groove shed cladding and scaffolding, it deploys a tea tray on wheels with a selection of dysentery laden street foods from the subcontinent.

images (6).jpeg

Latest Threads