• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Index Page Time to Load

Is anyone having problems with the loading time of the index page since about 20 minutes ago?

This is only worth answering if you are on good broadband in the UK as others will find that any problem could be a result of your connection / the net.

Also I'd be interedted in your PC spec if you are having troubles. I've changed the way the text ads are delivered to the index page and there may be a bit more number cruching to be done at your end.

"No difference, don't panic"s also of interest.

main page is loading fine on this (work) machine, usually its slower on this one.

Definite delay in fetching pages and green screen as VB says.

1.8gz and 4 MB connection

PartTimePongo said:
Definite delay in fetching pages and green screen as VB says.

1.8gz and 4 MB connection
Same problem as above- sorry no specs- work computer

Sorry for delay in responding - system is a dull Dell P3 - I know it runs the dire Windoze but that's about all.

No delays on either my iMac 2GHz PPC or MacBook Pro.

Pages are taking a while to load for me. I get the top potato head bar, then the green background and a 5 or so second wait before the forums appear. Its not that bad, just noticeable as slower than normal.

^ same here, I've also had the green screen with no forums listed and a done message at the bottom a couple of times, got frustrated after 10-15 secs and used back button.

running a 1.6GHz with 1Gb RAM and 2Mb connection.

boney_m said:
Pages are taking a while to load for me. I get the top potato head bar, then the green background and a 5 or so second wait before the forums appear. Its not that bad, just noticeable as slower than normal.

Same here, thought the works computer was having problems not the site, also kept getting the screen The page cannot be displayed Compter not a good spec, but normally good enough for the web, also on a 10 Meg LAN.

Sparky

boney_m said:
Same for me as well (and PTP, Humph, Sparky, Boney etc etc).

P4 2.2Gb/4Mb connection.

Interestingly the work LAN (you know where I mean) is demonstrating no discernable difference.

Darth_Doctrinus said:
boney_m said:

P4 2.2Gb/4Mb connection.
I've worked it out, just to save the CO's a few hours of unix geeking. Its got nothing to do with arrse, the entire UK internet core is bogged down with the chav untermenche of this country watching streaming big brother live. On the plus side, at least the missus wont get mugged tonight parking her car after work :wink:

boney_m said:
Darth_Doctrinus said:
boney_m said:

P4 2.2Gb/4Mb connection.
I've worked it out, just to save the CO's a few hours of unix geeking. Its got nothing to do with arrse, the entire UK internet core is bogged down with the chav untermenche of this country watching streaming big brother live. On the plus side, at least the missus wont get mugged tonight parking her car after work :wink:
:D oh joy, only 13 weeks of slow conections then :roll:

I became convinced it was much slower and having spent so much time, effort and money on making ARRSE fast, we couldn't run with it. It's now been fixed and the index page should be almost instant for those on fast connections, and pretty quick for others as it has almost no graphics.